Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: need help getting thicker tone

[ QUOTE ]
    I'd take a JMP-1 over an ADA MP-1 anyday ....but that's just me ...

[/ QUOTE ]

I have both, and I don't really prefer one over the other. Both have their applications.

About getting a thicker tone, here's a good trick. But this will need a very good eq to pull it off.
    Ok some pre-amp sections are not good in handling lows (farting, clipping, tonal degradation etc..), sometimes even in small frequency bands. To overcome this, you could use 2 eq's one before and one after the preamp. In the pre-preamp eq you scoop all the lows, and in the post-preamp eq you put em all back again.

Also using multiple amps is also very good for a thicker tone.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      the guys like it and they hear my Uber all the time..

[/ QUOTE ]

Hehe, Well, if they like it, then I know it sucks... [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

Onced I used four graphics Eqs in the loop it was very gay..

then I put another graphic Eq in there to eq all that eq ....and that did it... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Onced I used four graphics Eqs in the loop it was very gay..

then I put another graphic Eq in there to eq all that eq ....and that did it... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, there you go, it works [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            using a marshall el34 100/100 (power head) and genetix 3 into a sgx 2000 + an old mxr 10 band

[/ QUOTE ]

Argh.... You have probably between 150 and 170 watts in that thing that you will never use. I had a 9005 dual 50 and it was way too powerful. I would have to get it up to bleeding ear volume to get it sounding the way I like. run a Mesa 20/20 and couldn't be happier. I can outpower my drummer when needed and it powers a pair of 4x12's with no problems. Try just running one side and see how you like it.

Matt

Comment

Working...
            X