Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me choose the right effects processor/pedals

Hi folks:

I need help with choosing the right effects processor pedal. I play thru a Voodoo Amps modded Peavey Triple XXX and would like to incorporate some chorus, delay, eq, reverb and maybe some flanger into my sound. The problem is that I've never had the chance of choosing the right effects processor or pedals. I use to own a G Major and sold it because I never got the chance to set it up correctly with the Behringer FCB 1010 Midi Foot Controller. Some people gave me some direction on how to programmed it, but it turned out to be be a very frustrating experience. What I basically is a processor or a pedal setup that will be easy to set up (or moron proof if you will) that will get me this sounds:

1. Chorus, Reverb and some delay in my clean channel.
    2. Delay and Eq in my gain channel.

Should I get a pedal setup or should I give the G Major one more chance? If I do get a pedal setup, what is the easiest way or what would I need to set it up in a way were I can get the effects I want with the channels I'm selecting from my amp? If I should go back to the G Major, how can I set it up in a way where I get the effects I want with the channels I want to use with the amp and change channels and effects setup easily? Please help. This is what I feel is the only part of my rig where I need help.

Re: Help me choose the right effects processor/pedals

I would give the g major another try, just because not only can you have all your effects set up on the behringer, but also the g-major can switch the xxx, and I know the 1 problem I had with the xxx was the footswitch, so I think the major is worth another try

Comment

Ok. Supposed I give the G Major another try, how the hell do I set it up with the Behringer FCB 1010 Midi Foot Controller?

Comment

I havent ever tried to do anything like that, but if you go to Harmony central monster rack forums, they will prolly be able to hook you up with an instructional

Comment

Thank you very much for the suggestion. I'll definitely try that.

Comment

no prob, tell me how everything works, I am looking into getting the behringer and g major combo like yours to add into my new rack

Comment

This is probably too limited for your needs, but I'll throw it out there for your consideration. Some of the old ART rackmount effects units had fantastic chorus, reverb and delay. Even the presets on my ART Xtreme pedal, and old FX-1 and ProVerb (RIP) really sounded good, especially on the clean channel. They might seem pretty plain by current standards, but you could get a couple units for dirt cheap on eBay.
              sigpic

Comment

I've never used a G-Major or the Behringer FC, but a similar setup that's is easy as hell to use is the Boss GX-700 preamp and the Roland FC-200. Since Roland and Boss are related somehow, the MIDI controller corresponds very well with the Boss. The sounds of the GX-700 are pretty kick ass if you take your time setting it up. I have one in my live rack and 1 in my studio rack. Also, the GX-700 Makes a great head unit when used with the Marshall 8008 Power Amp.-SCOTT
                www.myspace.com/demiricous
                www.myspace.com/mercykillonline
                www.myspace.com/legionmetal
                www.myspace.com/scottbronner

Comment

Working...
                X