New pickups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New pickups

I've decided that the JB and the 59 duncan are just not my style... I don't want to go active i.e. EMG's.. I want something really big, fat, and smooth in the neck, but still hot enough to grind away some blues, and not get muddy... In the bridge i want something that will really cut through, but still have a nice low end, tight chunk to it.. BTW this will be going into a mahogany bodied neck thru jackson soloist.

So far the Dimarzio Evo bridge- in the bridge, along with a dimarzio breed neck in the neck looks like a good combination. Any suggestions

Re: New pickups

all kidding aside, I threw a Duncan Designed HB103N in the neck position of my Epi Les Paul and it sounds GREAT. Has that real nice fat hollow sound and great sustain. I think it is modeled after the Duncan Distortion, so you may want to try there.

Comment

Umm Most people replace Duncan Designs not replace pickups with them allthough EPI pickups are very microphonic adn feedback really bad.

Anyways yeas that EVO breed combo soudns Very good as the Breed is a lower output than the EVO both would sound good in mahogany, or you could swap the bridge with a dimebucker, but if the 59 isn't up to your tastes, then go Dimarzio!

Cheers, Owain

Comment

Dimarzio Tone Zone for the bridge position.
        And maybe Air Norton in the neck position.
        I like Virtual PAF in the neck position.
        It has very good sound.

Comment

Thanks, i haven't heard great reviews about the tone zone, so im gonna try the evo and the breed after researching on HC, i also like there return policy

Comment

I put a Duncan Custom bridge and a 59 neck in and love the Blues to Metal tones that I can achieve. I also ditched the JB/59 combo. Years ago I got great tones out of a 2 Dimarzio super PAF combo.

Comment

My choice would be: DiMarzio Super Distortion in the bridge, Super 2 in the neck.
              Or Breed neck position in the bridge with a PAF Pro in the neck.
              The Duncan '59 is always a great neck pup with anything, too. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                all kidding aside, I threw a Duncan Designed HB103N in the neck position of my Epi Les Paul and it sounds GREAT. Has that real nice fat hollow sound and great sustain. I think it is modeled after the Duncan Distortion, so you may want to try there.

[/ QUOTE ] If you bought them on ebay from SKOTZILLA, that's me.
                www.myspace.com/demiricous
                www.myspace.com/mercykillonline
                www.myspace.com/legionmetal
                www.myspace.com/scottbronner

Comment

what you really want is an APC Persuader Lead in the bridge
                  and an APC Felony X in the neck!
                  Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

hahah, yes i've thought about those and would like to have them, but i would have to order and i think they are quite expensive, and i live in canada.

Comment

Working...
                    X