Vetta 2 caused a HUGE problem!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vetta 2 caused a HUGE problem!!!!

My approach to the Vetta is pretty simple. First, turn off everything. Lose the effects and compression and noise gate for starters. The Vetta's ability to have two concurent amp model/cab sims going at the same time is a blessing and a curse. Start with a single amp model.

Get a series of good solid single amp tones. Get them balanced amongst themselves for levels and such. Save them into a bank or two and use them as templates for experimentation. If anything starts sounding like ass you know it isn't the amp setup so it must be some jackass thing you did with one of the effects or something.

It's really no different than what you should do with any amp and effects setup. Get good basic tones and blend in effects and EQ AS NEEDED to achieve a particular variation.
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Woah!!

There is no way it's gonna stop, if it's there it will be tweaked [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

He gotta go Cold Turkey Yank the bottle from him
      Get the Mesa back and get rid of that evil Tweak-Fest monster [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

What Hippietim said. Great advice.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course, that's not actually what I do. I just tweak away too [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

- Newc

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course, that's not actually what I do. I just tweak away too [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

The curse of being a S/W guy, eh Tim? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
            Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              [ QUOTE ]
              [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep. I software geek and guitar player with soooo many knobs and menus and options and...

- Newc

Comment

Tetsuo..that avatar rocks!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Originally posted by hippietim:
                  My approach to the Vetta is pretty simple. First, turn off everything. Lose the effects and compression and noise gate for starters. The Vetta's ability to have two concurent amp model/cab sims going at the same time is a blessing and a curse. Start with a single amp model.

Get a series of good solid single amp tones. Get them balanced amongst themselves for levels and such. Save them into a bank or two and use them as templates for experimentation. If anything starts sounding like ass you know it isn't the amp setup so it must be some jackass thing you did with one of the effects or something.

It's really no different than what you should do with any amp and effects setup. Get good basic tones and blend in effects and EQ AS NEEDED to achieve a particular variation.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do the same thing with my Boss GT-6. It works. Listen to this man! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    [ QUOTE ]
                    [ QUOTE ]
                    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep. I software geek and guitar player with soooo many knobs and menus and options and...

[/ QUOTE ]

Back when I was still working as an engineer I once heard someone say that to an engineer the world was a dull and feature-poor place. I can relate, I spend a lot of time just tweaking mine too though the PC editor makes it a much much quicker process. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      That's the same problem I had when I had my huge rack set-up. I couldn't keep my fingers off it, therefore spent way more time tweaking than playing.
                      Head and cab now.

[/ QUOTE ]

huh huh you said you cant keep you fingers off your huge rack [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                      X