Carvin MTS head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carvin MTS head

Have any of you guys ever used one of these? What are they like?

Re: Carvin MTS head

Hey bro.. I have had 2 of them. A MTS head and the MTS combo. Sounds alot like a high gain modded Marshall JCM800. Maybe it can even be compared to a "refined" 5150. The MTS can do anything from country clean to balls out metal with no additional outboard overdrives or pedals. It is a VERY nice amp. Carvin describes the sustain as "violin like" I agree. It is singing sustain. Keep in mind that the MTS head is very reactive to the type of cabinet you use. I thought it sounded best through 4 x 12 cab's with low wattage speakers.

Comment

Thanks JG...I might order one when I get my rack gear sold and try it out for 10 days to see if I'd rather have it instead of a Vetta.

Comment

Well I dunno...for the price of a new MTS I can get a used Marshall JCM 900 or Mesa Single Rec...I wonder if it's such a good deal after all?

Comment

Get a used one off of Ebay. They are pretty reasonable. Forget the JCM900. Most of them suck. The Single Recto is nice but it will only do a Boogie tone. The MTS is much more versatile.

Comment

Working...
          X