OHMS Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OHMS Question

Hey guys. I'm using my 5150 head with 2 cables to my Behringer cab. Now, the 5150 I have it on 4 ohms, and the cab is 8 ohms. Is this the proper way to have it setup or should I put the head on 8 ohms also? Thanks in advance (yes, I know it's a stupid question... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] )

Re: OHMS Question

Are you running the cab in stereo hence the two cables?

You should adjust the ohms settings on the 5150 amp according to the load (the speaker cabinet). So, put the amp at 8 ohm if your cab is 8 ohm. Or 4/4. Or 16/16.
    Henrik
    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Yeah, I'm using it in stereo. Thanks for the help man. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Double check that the cab is 8 ohm when running it in stereo. You're welcome.
        Henrik

Comment

ill just keep going with this one. I have a Crate BV-120 which has a swich has a switch for 8 or 16 ohms. Im playing it through a marshall 1960A cab with a 4 and 16 ohm switch. Im sure a lot (if not all) are familliar with the 1960, so i should have my head on 16 ohms and my cab with the switch to the right. Right?

Comment

Hmmm... your explanation is a bit confusing. Let me set it straight:

1) If you have a stereo amp and want to run one 1960A cab in stereo, you use two speaker cables (left/right) and set the mono/stereo switch on the cab in position "STEREO". If possible, set the amp output accordingly to 8 ohm. If your amp doesn't have an 8 ohm position, just set it to 4 ohm.

2) If you want to run one 1960A cab in mono (driving all 4x12" speakers), you use one speaker cable and connect it to either the 4 ohm or the 16 ohm input. Remember to set the switch on the cab in position "MONO". Whether you choose to run in 4 or 16 ohm is up to you - just remember to set the speaker output on the amp accordingly, meaning to the same value.
            Henrik

Comment

Working...
            X