some twisteramp sound clips :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• some twisteramp sound clips :)

Ok. Fritz's Twisteramp I built him (rackmount, 1 6V6 power tube, 1 12AX7 w/attenuator, master and preamp volumes) was damaged in shipping. Got it back, fixed it, and modded it ever so slightly. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Here are a few clips...

http://members.cox.net/okstrat/focuswpedal.mp3

The w/pedal clip is with the gain 1/2 way up, master at 3/4, and attenuator off. Also has a boost pedal in the front that I built, with the level at about 1/2 way up. It smooths the leads out considerably, and doesn't compress as much as the next clip.

http://members.cox.net/okstrat/focusnopedal.mp3

This one is more interesting. It's no pedal, just the gain maxed on the amp, volume maxed, and attenuator on about 1/2 way up. This is the sound of pre and power tubes getting hot. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] It has a high end thing that I don't like, but I didn't have a lot of time to dial it in tonight. Also, sometimes I get kinda harsh recordings with my SM57 - it has a presence peak that can really put you over the edge. In the room, the amp doesn't have that high tone. However, it does do the cool compress thing when you slam your pick into the strings, and when you back off, it doesn't compress. it's pretty interesting.

Pete

Re: some twisteramp sound clips

Quick, trade chops with me!

Comment

Oh and regarding the clips, they sound great. You do nice work.

Comment

Focusin on the hocas-pocas, eh?

Sounds kickin!
        750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
        Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Oh and regarding the clips, they sound great. You do nice work.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thx man!

Pete

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Focusin on the hocas-pocas, eh?

Sounds kickin!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thx! I have trouble finding backings that I haven't already tormented this message board with. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Pete

Comment

Pete,
              A little question, were any effects used or did you add some effects after recording it? Because the tone doesn't sound at all dry coming direct from an amp.

Fong

Comment

They both sound great Pete. I am kind of digging the high end thing on the second clip.

Comment

I added some reverb on my PC, no eq, compression, anything else - just some 'verb so it didn't sound too dry and just pasted on top. If I had a nice big reverby room, I wouldn't have even done that. Other than the reverb, it's fairly close to how the amp sounds live.

Pete

[ QUOTE ]
                  Pete,
                  A little question, were any effects used or did you add some effects after recording it? Because the tone doesn't sound at all dry coming direct from an amp.

Fong

[/ QUOTE ]

Comment

very nice pete! I really like the no pedal sound [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Pete, your amps sound awesome! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        very nice pete! I really like the no pedal sound [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                        that's my preference too. Great stuff!
                        Hail yesterday

Comment

Sounds great Pete...I like the w/pedal tone better btw...
                          shawnlutz.com

Comment

Working...
                          X