Lead boost for amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lead boost for amp

I just got a Soldano HotRod 50 which is single channel. What should I use to get a "boost" for solos? TubeScreamer? Something all together different? Also can someone explain the silver and/or gold modded TS??? [img]/images/graemlins/help.gif[/img]

TIA,

Re: Lead boost for amp

Welcome to the Jungle!!

You running high gain - pre at 7 or so? There is nothing you can run into the front end that will do anything more than change the tone slightly and make it gain out even more. If you need a volume boost, your only choice is to run something in the loop and trim the output back for a slightly reduced rhythm volume. I was using a Marshall JFX with my three HRs and my SLO and it worked great.

I don't know what the "gold" mod is, but the Analogman "silver" mod smooths out some of the midrage in the Tubscreamer. I find it an excellent mod.

Comment

I don't really need more gain. I just thought there might be something to make solos stand out. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Run a EQ stomp box in the effects loop. You can keep the EQ flat and boost the output a bit to goose your solos, or you can add a bit of a mid spike to cut through when you need too. I used a BOSS 7 band for a long time. Nice pedal, worth way more than what I sold it for.
        -------------------------
        Blank yo!

Comment

Run an EQ pedal, and boost the mids a lot. Leads live on mids, and they make the leads jumps out a lot without boosting volume much.

Comment

Working...
          X