Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Replacing preamp tubes?

Toejam
    You dont have to bias el-84's anyway.Thats one really cool thing about them. They are already biased so I'm told by many..
    Hope this helps
    Custom Shop-There is no substitute!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Toejam
      You dont have to bias el-84's anyway.Thats one really cool thing about them. They are already biased so I'm told by many..
      Hope this helps

[/ QUOTE ]
      Cool, thanks. I know Mesa's don't have to be if you use their own branded tubes, wasn't sure about others. I'm gonna order some JJ EL84s soon and put them in, as the EH preamp tubes I just put in don't stop the squealing, and I've just read the EL84s tend to go microphonic pretty easily. I got my amp off ebay in November and I don't think the tubes have been replaced at all before I got it, so it's about time I do it.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Here is the number of the JJ highgain preamp tubes:ECC83S

they work well on my marshall [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

joe...
        www.godwentpunk.com
        www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

Toejam
          Preamp tubes are cheap(6-8 bucks each) If you can afford it just do them all then you know what you got and you know it sounds its best.
          Just My 2 cents..
          Custom Shop-There is no substitute!

Comment

Yeah, I got 4 new preamp tubes (EH) a couple days ago from thetubestore.com, and there's really not much difference in them compared to the Mesas that were already in there. The EL84s now have to be changed to see if that's the feedback problem (hopefully that's the problem). [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
            X