WHATS A KICK ASS 4+12 CAB FOR PLAYING METAL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WHATS A KICK ASS 4+12 CAB FOR PLAYING METAL

If you were going to buy a 4+12 cabinet for playing straight out metal what brand would you buy?Also what type of speakers and straight or slanted front?

Re: WHATS A KICK ASS 4+12 CAB FOR PLAYING METAL

Mesa or Marshall...best bang for your buck. Keep in mind the Mesa is a bit heavier and (optionally larger) than the Marshall.

Comment

Seems different cabs react differently to different amps. MESAs sound bad through most anything but MESA cabs. 5150 absolutely benefit from the 5150/sheffield cabs.

I've used Marshall 75 watt or 25 (greenbacks) watt celestion cabs forever and they're ok, the former being the normally used unit. But I am recently HEAVILY leaning to the MESA 30 or 90 watt recto cab as being the commonly/easily available bad ass metal cab.

I'm sure that the VHT, Bogner, Diezel cabs are bad assed as well, just harder to come by.

Comment

Now what about the straight or angled front?Is there any benefit to one over the other?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Now what about the straight or angled front?Is there any benefit to one over the other?

[/ QUOTE ]

Basssier response from the B cabs over the A cabs. A little better sound projection from the A's over the b's.

Comment

So,It seems that the cab to go with is a slanted Mesa recto cab with vintage 30s.

Comment

Marshall all the way.

Comment

MESA V-30 loaded recto cab. I used to be in a metal band, and this thing worked killer for what I did. It cut thru the mix WAY better then my old 75w greenback loaded Marshall 1960B. Not to mention, the MESA is built so much better then a Marshall. Get a MESA!

Comment

Mesa slant is what I say too. I got them loaded with Naylors though. They sound super tight with this cabinet.

Comment

Cabs

The Diezel 4X12 or Bogner ÜberKab both kick mucho arse for metal. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Re: Cabs

and is the 5150 cab good with anything else than 5150 head ? ( more mesa like amps )

Comment

Mesa Rect 4x12 is a great cab and built like tank.
                        [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

If you are shopping on a budget, I have a Carvin 4x12 that is basically a copy of the Mesa boogie 4x12, and it sounds fantastic.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            and is the 5150 cab good with anything else than 5150 head ? ( more mesa like amps )

[/ QUOTE ]

**** yes. With the xXx, anyway.
                            Keith
                            The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a Soldano HotRod50 running through a slant 5150 cab. Sounds awesome!

Comment

Working...
                              X