Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WHATS A KICK ASS 4+12 CAB FOR PLAYING METAL

[ QUOTE ]
    what would be a good cab for a vht pitbull ... ?

[/ QUOTE ]

VHT Fatboy?

Comment

Re: Cabs

Marshall Reissue-straights 1960B (25-watt greenbacks)
      Have always worked the best for me.

Comment

What about a VHT?
        Check my Jackson themed Myspace page, hear some good metal, and check out a little shred fest by me.

http://www.myspace.com/joblo1978

Comment

I have a VHT Pittbull CL-100 Combo and run her through a Huge Madison 4x12 with 4 of their own speakers that are based on the older Celestion 85 watters. Crushing is an understatement, but these speakers do lack the mids of let`s say the Celestion G12T-75s, but tons of lows and highs, just an awsome heavy rithym cabinet, would be awsome for Low detuning guitars.For more shredding, I suggest the opld standby Marshall with 4 Celestion G12T-75s. Jack.

Comment

Right on Sinistas. This is a perfectly legitimate question. Very interesting responses, too. The music stores in my area carry very few 4x12s to compare, so I appreciate this thread.

Comment

I use a Mesa Triple Rectifier through my Marshall 4x12 (Jcm900 B, or A I have both). I got rid of the Mesa cab because to me, I didn't think it cut through the mix, I didn't think it sounded good. It just sounded like a scooped piece of crap. The Marshalls with the G12T75s just sound to me, much better.

I tend to disagree with cleve, as he thinks the Mesa sounds like crap unless it's through a Mesa. The Diezel, Bogner and VHT stuff is all great, and if you can afford it, they're nice amps.

I've had the opportunity to buy a Diezel VH4S and I almost did it, but it's like 5 grand, and yes it sounds great, but the people in the crowd are not going to notice the difference between your XXX triple rectumfring VH4sin5515010150500 and your Diezel.

Comment

Anyone try an Avatar? I just ordered a B 4x12 with two V30's and two G12H30's in an X-pattern. I also have a Genz-Benz GFlex ported 2x12 and whoa, talk about bottom end.

Comment

Ooh, I was thinking about going with Avatar. Tattooed, when that comes in, I'd love to come over and check it out!
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                  X