turnin on FX loop makes "POP!!" on 5150

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• turnin on FX loop makes "POP!!" on 5150

me and my friend have this problem with our 5150's, so i figured some other people have this problem too. Whenever i turn on the Fx Loop via footswitch on my 5150 (while its on, no standby) the amp makes a loud POP! sound through the speakers, and its almost powerful enough where Im worried about blowing the speakers. I dont have a footswitch with lights so i can never tell if its on or not before I turn the amp off standby.

anyone else have this problem and possibly a remedy?

Re: turnin on FX loop makes \"POP!!\" on 5150

I have a 5150 II and my switching is pretty seamless. I don't experience and lag time, noises, pops, or anything of the kind. I'm not sure what it could be as I'm not an electronics person, but I thought I'd give my feedback.

May want to have a tech check it out.

Good luck.

Comment

Try hitting the switch on and off a couple times before turning the amp on. That may rememdy the problem.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

yeah ive been told to do that before by my friend, but it doesnt help.

i guess i just need to find a peavey footswitch with LED's

Comment

A footswitch with an LED won't help anything. Try switching the loop with nothing plugged into it and with just a jumper cord. If it doesn't pop then, your problem is with your effects. If it pops with nothing in the loop or just a jumper then you should take it to a tech. Might be a relay problem or something else in the circuit.
          Jerry
          FJA Mods YouTube

Comment

Run through a line check as Jerry stated. I think it sounds like there's something wrong with the footswitch. I haven't had that problem with my amp (Peavey bandit).

Hope you can find it, that would suck to have to fix that amp. To damn nice to have it sit in a shop for a month.

Comment

Run through a line check as Jerry stated. I think it sounds like there's something wrong with the footswitch. I haven't had that problem with my amp (Peavey bandit).

Hope you can find it, that would suck to have to fix that amp. Too damn nice to have it sit in a shop for a month.

Comment

Working...
              X