Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Marshall Hand Wireds: opinions, amp gurus?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Marshall Hand Wireds: opinions, amp gurus?

#1: Warrior is not comparing the sound quality of the PCB amps to the PTP amps, is he now?

#2: Racer X started this thread asking for opinions. What you are reading is people's opinions. If the fact that everybody else here doesn't share your enthusiasm for these amps really tweaks you that hard, stay away from the thread.

#3 (and closely related to #2): You don't like people dissing a product they have never heard...but it's OK for you to be a cheerleader about it? Same product, you haven't heard it either.

Comment

I can only say, I don't have to drink spoiled milk to know it tastes bad!! Hehehe...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        #1: Warrior is not comparing the sound quality of the PCB amps to the PTP amps, is he now?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're still comparing apples to oranges, regardless of the basis for the comparison. I really doubt he knows what he's talking about anywho.

[ QUOTE ]
        #2: Racer X started this thread asking for opinions. What you are reading is people's opinions. If the fact that everybody else here doesn't share your enthusiasm for these amps really tweaks you that hard, stay away from the thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where do I show "ethusiasm" for the new HW amps? Care to point this out to me? I said they may blow or blow you away. Who knows for sure. They might very well be the absolute worst tube amps ever made! But who knows since they haven't been released yet. BTW This is a discussion forum, get used to dissenting opinions.

[ QUOTE ]
        #3 (and closely related to #2): You don't like people dissing a product they have never heard...but it's OK for you to be a cheerleader about it? Same product, you haven't heard it either.

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, reread my response to #2... Show me where in this thread I've been a "cheerleader" for the new HW amps? Please enlighten me. I bet I'll be waiting awhile for your response though. The only point of contention I mentioned was the fact that people were criticizing the amps without ever playing them which is insane to me... but I guess it's okay to slam products you've never played let alone ever owned... silly me. [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          silly me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I was thinking that, but didn't wanna say...

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I was a Marshall fan once, but I'm fully recovered now...

Comment

Wow. Entertaining slugfest, what? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Instead of fighting over a product that has not hit the street...lets all focus our passion and energy on keeping Bush in office.......flame suit...ON!

GO BUSH....GO BUSH....WE LOVE BUSH....the President's pretty cool too.....

Comment

You say waffles.. I say pancakes, waffles, pancakes.. ahh something like that.

Re: the amps, well if Gibson is doing it, Fender is doing it.. I applaud Marshall for trying. I wouldn't mind snagging a new 20 watt if the price is right. In that case, I hope they sound great and bomb so they go cheapo resale.

Comment

Now, the Greenback cabs sound verry cool!

As for the amps...whatever. I wonder if they also recreated the need to play through about thirty of em before you find one that doesn't sound like ass, only to find the reason it sounds good is it's biased so hot you blow power tubes every time someone turns a neon sign on. In my experience, Marshalls ('70s -'80's) have been the most inconsistant, unreliable pices of crap I have ever owned. I need to use both hands and half a foot to count the number of times my gig or recording take has been ruined by a Marshall.

Then I bought a Boogie. No mo prob.

And those prices? LOL..no thanks. For the price of that head, one could aquire a new M/B Stiletto AND still have a couple 'o hundred left for upgrades.

"Marshall - For When The Gig Really Isn't That Important"
                  [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
                  750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
                  Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

I think the New Marshall in town should handwire your hands and turn down your volumn. Be nice to each other, or get out of town. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Go choke yer turkey, Fett!

j/k
                      [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                      Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Comment

Where have you been? The turkey is DEAD. The dog ate it on rye. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                        I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

LOL!

Comment

By Cleveland Metal: [ QUOTE ]
                            I was a Marshall fan once, but I'm fully recovered now...

[/ QUOTE ] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Now that's funny. Me too [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]. Anyhoo, I am curious to see what people think when they do get into circulation. Who knows.

Oh, yeah.... Go Bush. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              Now, the Greenback cabs sound verry cool!

As for the amps...whatever. I wonder if they also recreated the need to play through about thirty of em before you find one that doesn't sound like ass, only to find the reason it sounds good is it's biased so hot you blow power tubes every time someone turns a neon sign on. In my experience, Marshalls ('70s -'80's) have been the most inconsistant, unreliable pices of crap I have ever owned. I need to use both hands and half a foot to count the number of times my gig or recording take has been ruined by a Marshall.

Then I bought a Boogie. No mo prob.

And those prices? LOL..no thanks. For the price of that head, one could aquire a new M/B Stiletto AND still have a couple 'o hundred left for upgrades.

"Marshall - For When The Gig Really Isn't That Important"
                              [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, that does pretty much hit it on the head. Marshalls can be inconsistant from one to another and can be finicky. I switched to Music Man in the 80's just cause I got tired of being worried. Music man had a nice rhythm sound but it lacked on the gain for leads and it felt like I fighting it more than a Marshall. I however, still am a fan of the JMP's, stock or modded, when you find a good one it can last, but I agree, I wouldn't play a gig w/o a back up line.

I am liking the cabs big time too. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

People praising Bush, I'm beginning to have a headache. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Comment

Man..I saw a fight brewing...and tried to get a full fledged rumble started with my BUSH support.....this place is too mature...Actually it's kind of refreshing.

Comment

Working...
                                X