Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heavy Metal amp for no more than 700 USD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heavy Metal amp for no more than 700 USD?

Ok, It can be used. Now I don't care much about the weight. I like the tone of Black Sabbath, Ritchie Blackmore, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, early DIO, Whitesnake - British sound. I live outside of the US, so I'll need the item shipped abroad. Anyone knows any good tube amps of this prive range which have enough distortion?
    Thanks for posts

Re: Heavy Metal amp for no more than 700 USD?

And yes, used is ok

Comment

and just the head, please

Comment

laney gh series. or maybe the iommi signature head. swap the stock 6l6 for some el34 and be prepared for the ultimative hotrod marshall tone [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
        if you like it super heavy, try the 5150...with the 5150 cabs they dont sound very british imo, but i remember some dude @ this board saying that its very "brown" when coupled with a 25w greenback cab.

but for classic metal i guess theres nothing better than your basic marshall head+tubescreamer/ds1/whatever.....the jcm800 series usually go for 500€, the older jmp series a bit more.

if youre VERY lucky you may be able to get a used engl fireball for ~600€ (~700$) @ ebay.....but you got to be patient [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

greets
        fragle

ps:
        almost forgot....ada mp1 preamp (~100&#8364, bbe sonic maximizer, some kind of rack eq (if needed) and a poweramp(brand depends on taste) will also sound very 80-ish...

pps: whats that sh*t with the euro sign??? € is supposed to be the euro E

Comment

Hmm. I've found Peavey XXX. How's that compared to Metal?

Comment

Another problem is that whenever you find a good amp - they always refuse to ship abroad

Comment

5150 II

Comment

Marshall DSL 100
                Peavey 5150

Both can be had for $700US or less used.

Comment

Working...
                X