I should get a hold of one.

Comment

Re: EVH Phase 90

[ QUOTE ]
      Thanks for the Link!
      So this is a limited edition..
      I should get a hold of one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I'm in the market for a Phaser, I was gonna just get the standard Phase 90, but I think I'll wait and pick up one of these since its limited.

Comment

WTF? I gotta defend EVH again? OK, here goes.

First of all: "EVH is always so shady." What is that supposed to mean? Did he sell you a Gremlin with sawdust in the transmission, or what? Is there a shred of truth here somewhere, or is this pure fiction? I don't get it.

Second: "Please. EVH whoring himself is getting outta hand.
        I guess when the music ain't happenin' this is what you do."
        Thank you for more utter nonsense.

Check out the bullseye graphic on the Zakk Wylde Overdrive (and on the Zakk Wylde Les Paul). Damn that Zakk Wylde, whoring himself again!

How 'bout the Kerry King "tribal" graphic on an otherwise rather mundane MXR EQ pedal? What a tramp! (Don't forget the low end BC Riches that come with a complete Kerry King fan club kit).

And lookit that slut, Dimebag! Lettin' MXR sell distortions with "DIME" printed on 'em (and Washburn guitars - in "Dime Slime," no less, and Seymour Duncan "Dime" pickups, and Randall amps - guess we're gonna have to start calling ol' Dimebag "Jif"!)

Oh well, I guess they're all just whores, whose music "ain't happenin'." That's why these gear companies sign 'em up. Nothin' sells more gear!

P.S. And no one "needs" a phaser, whether it be orange or red/white/black, but yes, it is magical because of the stripes. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

yeah what he said ......be your own man ...develope your own style from stealling licks from others just like everyone else ...the hell with the stripes ...I was in a KILLER VH tribute ....and the stripes were gay....it was gay then and it is gay now

'cept for the first album with the picture of him holding his black and white striped frankenstein with one hand and his mouth screaming ....that was and is the epitome of ED Van Halen ....and that was a very long time ago...1978

who was born in 1978 ...I was 13 and THAT made me want to play music ....that and Black Sabbath..

if it wasn't for that pic and his ridiculously firey playing with that unbelievable tone ....I wouldn't be talking to you guys right now

Take your "regular" orange 90 ...turn on the marshall or whatever and rub your palm across up and down over the bridge pup .....that's Ed's authentic and true phaser sound "Atomok PunK" baby....no stripes involved.

I guess it a cool item if your a EVH freak ...like I used to be .....Get a good analog flanger MXR like he used or an old black ADA or even a old red Ross that you probably can pick up for 30 bucks ....three of the best flangers ever made IMO...way better than the purple Boss....and most others I have tried thru the years...Ibanez used to make a decent one about 20 years ago ...it was yellow ....that's all I rememeber....but it sounded great!

when I think of flangers ..the first thing that pops in my head Is the opening riff to "Diamonds and rust" off Unleashed in the East ....that was a Ross.
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Bill, I'm with ya for the most part. I've been listening to Unleashed in the East a LOT over the last two weeks - that album is just killer.

But regarding the EVH Phase 90 I see another advantage here - they are providing the dual mode - script/block logo switch. If you've ever A/B'd those phasers there is a significant difference bewteen them - I forget which is which now but one is a better swoosher and the other was better for swirlies. Having both in one pedal would be outstanding.

BTW, those old analog flangers aren't so easy to pick up for 30 bucks. you point one out to me and I'll be all over it. The Ibanez Flanger was nowhere near as good as the MXR, Ross or even Boss. The purple Boss changed a lot over the years - the current ones are harsh tone-sucking pieces of crap. I found my old one from '81 or so and it sounds great.
            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I noticed those MXR gimmicks too, the Kerry King EQ has an extra output jack but they charge waaaay more for it than the regular one because it says Kerry King on it. Same with the Dime and Zakk distortions, Dime Wah pedals, etc. I just feel sorry for the kids who waste their money on these gimmicks (not saying that the products aren't good, just that they won't sound like Dime, Kerry, or Zakk just by having those pedals. hehe)

Comment

Well they want what their "heroes " use ....but those heroes don't even use the stuff they endorse ...

Dime doesn't play Warheads ....I think he may now because his tone in Damageplan is crap and mud compared to his tone with Pantera when he was just using old Randall RG 120 and even RG 80s...

Me and John tried a Warhead at lenghth....what a miserable piece of Dung that thing is... [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img]

You couldn't give that amp to me ...it would be used as a paperweight.....or footstool perhaps ..
                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I think it's cool, gonna have to get one. I guess a striped marshall is next?

Comment

Working...
                  X