Stupid POD question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid POD question

Hey...how can you tell which model POD you have and what version software you are running??

Also, can you upgrade the software/features easily??

I know it sounds dumb, and I have a POD, but I never got the manual with it.

Thanks.

Re: Stupid POD question

If it says POD, it's a POD. If it says PODxt, it's a PODxt.

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

The xt has a screen that shows the version of the software. I haven't had a POD in front of me for a long time so I don't know how to tell what the software revision is.
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

The 2.0 usually says POD Pro 2.0 on it, I had a bass pod and wanted to know what software version it had. I took the screws out of the back and there was a big programmable chip that said 'version 1.6' if all else fails, break out the phillips and you'll be done in seconds. If they mail you a chip you'll be opening it anyway and the back comes off cleanly, not a bunch of wires attached to it.
      When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Hold the Manual button while turning the unit on for the POD 2.0. DONT LET GO YET. While you're still holding the button, the Pod will read: POD 2.0 (short pause) 2.(x) and then settle into a preset.
        Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Hold the Manual button while turning the unit on for the POD 2.0. DONT LET GO YET. While you're still holding the button, the Pod will read: POD 2.0 (short pause) 2.(x) and then settle into a preset.

[/ QUOTE ]
          Yep... You can get the upgrades for free I believe too.

Comment

i prefer the 2.0 over the 2.x (or whatever the upgrade was) it just didn't sound as good to me. haven't personnaly tried the xt though.
            Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Working...
            X