Line 6 Spider 212?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Line 6 Spider 212?

Someone on the bay has a Line 6 212 with a 4 button guitar pedal for 375 @ buy now... you think that's a good deal?

I need a new amp because my marshall is runnen like poop at high volumes.

Re: Line 6 Spider 212?

2x12 usually go for $400 new and if you are buying from online store like musiciansfriend, free shipping.

So I would say if the shipping fee the seller is asking is fair($40-60, I am sure the seller will ship amp and pedals in separate boxes that will make more expensive), go for it!
    You can get rid of the pedals you don't use and you can save on amp.

Comment

hmm. the pedal cost about 75 bucks new so i think it's good? he wants 40 bucks for it shipped.

Comment

Wait, I misread the line.
        I thought it comes with 4 pedals.
        So this one comes with 4 button footswitch...

From what I checked from last 30days on E-bay, Many 2x12 sold for between $275 without footswitch and $350-375 with footswitch.
        If you don't need footswitch, go with one without footswitch and save money.
        You never know, maybe you will not like the amp and end up selling the amp later.

Comment

I'll sell you my create dxj212 for $350 shipped, Same thing as the Line 6 but I'll sell you cheaper. This has all the same modeling effects but a little more tweakable in my opinian.
          I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

There you go Michael. You have options now.
            Drs, Create? you mean Crate?
            [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Close enough [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

does it have a pedal?

Comment

No, the floorbord is like $150 or something like that from MattsMusic, that's who I was gonna order it though, but I haven't gigged with it yet so I never ordered one.

Comment

Is it a Spider I or II? if it's a II, go for it, if it's a I pass.
                    Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

These amps are cool for practice and good for the money, but I hope you're thinking of upgrading in the future. These thing just will not go far in a metal setting IMHO.

Good luck! Hope the amp runs good.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        These amps are cool for practice and good for the money, but I hope you're thinking of upgrading in the future. These thing just will not go far in a metal setting IMHO.

Good luck! Hope the amp runs good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, I saw a band the about a month ago, and the guitarist had a Spyder 212 miced and it sounded like ass. I had a Version 1 112 for about a month, which was about 4 weeks too long.

IMHO, If you're going to spend 375.00 for a modeler, you should probably see about getting a Flextone II on ebay for about the same price. It'a a LOT more amp for the money.

Also, those new Voxs' are supposed to KILL, and they're about the same price as what your looking at.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          IMHO, If you're going to spend 375.00 for a modeler, you should probably see about getting a Flextone II on ebay for about the same price. It'a a LOT more amp for the money.

Also, those new Voxs' are supposed to KILL, and they're about the same price as what your looking at.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I've heard. I've never heard a flextone. I've seen the spyders and heard them and I just didn't like them. I didn't hear much difference between them and other modeling amps. To me, it sounds like there's a cushion in front of the speaker.

I hope I didn't step on your goals or anything, just trying to help you avoid dissapointment.

If you're looking for a gigging amp and effects, I'd go with a Peavey combo and an effect unit from Boss or something. I like the Boss units Vs. the Digitech ones because it's all laid out in front of you, and there are no menus to page through. When you're playing live, the last thing you want to do is scroll on your effect units! You need it ready to roll out immediately. If you're looking for different amp sounds, a modeling amp is a good way to help you find out which sound is yours, or just add more flexibility to your setup. But like previously stated, an amp built to sound like "itself" will sound better for the money that you put into it.

Just my 2 cents. HTH.

Comment

If y'all haven't heard the Spider II, there's a huge difference.
                            Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

IMHO opinion, those line 6 spiders, (all of 'em)are pieces of junk. Not because I'm a tube guy but I just think they sound like garbage, even for just practicing. You're just stuck with those crappy effect, and the range of adjustments you have on them is very limited.

But, if you really want a modeling amp, I would look into the Crate GLX series. I've played both and the GLX's are o.k. for what they are.

BTW, if you gotta have a "line 6" The HD147 is a neat-ass sounding head. I've even heard some killer tones coming out of the Vetta before, but you need to be some kind of tech gury to work the damn thing.
                              Check my Jackson themed Myspace page, hear some good metal, and check out a little shred fest by me.

http://www.myspace.com/joblo1978

Comment

Working...
                              X