peterson virtual strobe tuners??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• peterson virtual strobe tuners??

<font color="blue"> </font> Has anyone here ever tried those Peterson virtual Strobe tuners, mainly the VS-II?? I just ordered one. I was curious if anyone here has had any experience with them??
    "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Re: peterson virtual strobe tuners??

My tech friend at work uses one. He says that he has some "true" strobe tuners at his shop that he likes better, but the Peterson comes really close. That is all he uses for the work he does at the store. Personally I can't make heads of tails of it, but I've never owned a strobe tuner before.

Comment

Well I would love to get a REAL strobe tuner but I cannot justify or afford upwards of $500 for a tuner. I think the peterson strobe runs around $600. Thats too much for a hobbyist guitrists that only gigs periodically. I can justify $200 for hte VS-II. The accuracy is supposed to be great. I am using a BOSS TU-2 for onstage. That works well, but if I really like the peterson, then I am going to consider replacing the BOSS with that new peterson Strobostomp pedal tuner. We will see.
      "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

The Peterson VS models are great and super accurate. I've had my VS-1 since it first came out and I use it for everything. Definitely worth the money.

Comment

They're Extremely accurate, Damn good tuners IMHO. On stage, I prefer the TU-2 though it's easier to do on the fly. The only problem I have with the Peterson, is that it really takes quite a while to tune your guitar. It's almost hypersensitive. If you pick a note, then touch the tuner, you can see a change in it! if you're in a hurry, between songs etc, you really don't have 2 minutes to tune everything. For me, it's one of those things, that are GREAT To have at home, but not so great on the stage. Maybe after some practice with it, a person can use it effectively at speed, but I haven't been able to so far.

Comment

I have one and it's the best investment I ever made. I don't use it to tune at all, but i do use it to set intonation, and it's so dead on that if you have a tune-o-matic bridge, you might have to turn a few of the saddles around to get a proper adjustment. You'll also see just how off factory setups are. There are some "real" strobe tuners that are amazing, but they need to be adjusted, and often, if you want them to be true all the time. The VS I&amp;II will never need adjustment.

Comment

I have a VS-II on my shop bench and love it. I think it does an outstanding job. I would recommend it! I use a Boss TU for tuning but for intonation the VS-II is the next best thing to a real strobe (without the hassle of having to tune the strobe!).
              www.sandimascharvel.com

Comment

Working...
              X