BBE 362 review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBE 362 review

Simple bro's. 2 knobs. low contour and a mids/high's program control. Be VERY CAREFUL when you try one of these because it is addictive. I thought my amps sounded great without it and within 1 night of using it I can't live without it. It literally makes EVERYTHING sound better. More bottom, more mids, more highs, clearer, punchier, just more betterrer!!!
    Just plug it in, turn it on, turn the low contour knob to dial in your bottom and the other control to dial in your mids and highs and thats it. Put it in the loop and you can use it for tone shaping or solo boost. Put it in your PA mixer and your vocals will sound better than ever. I can't believe I lived without ever trying one all these years. I put it in the effects loop of my Carvin X100B and it blew me away. Putting it in the effects loop of my Dual Rectifier Tremoverb was just crazy. The Boogie screams bloody murder on its own but adding the BBE 362 to the effects loop turned it into a cross between a Diezil Herbert and a Bogner Ubershall. Leave it in the effects loop and plug a footswitch into it and you can turn your 2 channel amp into a 3 channel amp. Anyway, they are really reasonably priced so you should check one out.

Re: BBE 362 review

Welcome to the wonderful yet dangerously seductive world of exiters.
    Henrik
    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Cool. I was checking those out in the MF catalog and have been thinking of possibly getting one. I've heard great things about the Sonic Maximizers. I know they also make a 362NR that's got noise reduction built in.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Mine is just the basic model and it is very quiet. I am not sure if the added cost of noise reduction is worth it.

Comment

See what you think in 6-9 months. You'll probably develop a love-hate relationship with your BBE.

I have a 422 in my rack, and some times I love it, sometimes I hate it. Lately I haven't been using it.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            See what you think in 6-9 months. You'll probably develop a love-hate relationship with your BBE.

I have a 422 in my rack, and some times I love it, sometimes I hate it. Lately I haven't been using it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Explain why?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Mine is just the basic model and it is very quiet. I am not sure if the added cost of noise reduction is worth it.

[/ QUOTE ]
              Cool. I'll probably go with the basic model... it's like $99. I think the NR model is like $220 or something.

Comment

Probably a stupid question, but can I use stuff like this with my combo amp that has an effects loop? Thanks brothers. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Yes you can!!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Probably a stupid question, but can I use stuff like this with my combo amp that has an effects loop? Thanks brothers. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                    That's exactly where I plan on using it when I get one. I've got an extension cabinet with a two-race built in... a Korg tuner is in it now with a Rocktron Pro Q, but I think I'll replace the Pro Q with the BBE since I've decided the Pro Q is overkill for my needs.

Comment

I've gone full circle.

I had a 422a for a while, and LOVED the way it sounded. Then one day I did some with and without recordings to send a friend of mine, to show him what a difference it made. Same mic, same signal path, everything - EXCEPT one with the BBE and one without.

Live, in the room, the BBE sounded better.

On tape (well, not really TAPE) the take with the BBE sounded like ass. The track without it sounded better.

Over the next six months or so, I gradually used the BBE less and less... then, rather than going cold turkey, I put an MXR 108 in the loop instead. A little eq tweaking, and what sounds good live also sounds good on tape.

Then I finally sold the BBE to a bro.

So. I love them. But it is sort of the crack of the tone world. Like you said, John, addictive. I know you're a pro and won't overuse it, but I don't have that sort of self control... so I'm happy I sold mine.

There, more than anybody ever wanted to hear from me on anything! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Keith
                      The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This kind of "effect" goes better before the input, not in the loop.

I always put effects that modify the "type" (distortion, EQ, etc.) of the sound before the input and effects that modify the "time" (delay, reverb, etc.) in the loop.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Explain why?

[/ QUOTE ]

First, as someone else said, the device sounds good when you're standing in front of your amp, but if you record yourself and listen you're probably not gonna like what you hear.

Depending what you play, the BBE may smooth out your tone by fattening up the bottom and sizzling up the highs somewhat, but it does so at the expense of stealing mids and harmonics.

Granted, I know that the model I have is not the "preferred" model for shredders.

I guess it depends on the capabilities of your amp and speaker too. I think it does nothing for my Univox (Jensen speaker) or my Marshall (Celestion V30 speaker), but it makes my Fender (Fender Special speaker) sound much better.

Comment

thanks for the warnings.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

This kind of "effect" goes better before the input, not in the loop.

[/ QUOTE ]

According to the manual I had for mine, only certain models accept levels that low... I kept mine in the loop, so I dunno, I never tried it in front.

K
                              The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

Working...
                              X