Marshall jmp 1 preamp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall jmp 1 preamp

Hey guys how are the presets on these units? Are they good or do I need to make my own tones and save them? Can you change the presets or are they unchangeable?

Re: Marshall jmp 1 preamp

usually you have a bank of factory presets and a bank to modify and save your own. Says there are a 100 presets in the specs.

Comment

The presets aren't so great, you can do better IMO.

Having owned one for years, I'm not a fan of that preamp at all. Have you bought it already? If not, get an older ENGL of similar cost, they sound much better.

Comment

All I play is marshalls
        I put together a small rack system(preamp,poweramp,etc...)
        for smaller venues and the marshall preamp was well it sucked...No balls...I hated it...but thats just me [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          get an older ENGL of similar cost, they sound much better.

[/ QUOTE ]

An older ENGL preamp, you mean? What specific models are good?
          "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

the 520 is pretty reasonable

Comment

I really like the unit myself they sound like a VS 100 (8200) on steroids ...I know John hates it..]]

The presets totally suck ...don't bother with them ...

what kind of tone you goin' for ?...I'll try and get you in the ballpark..I bought it when it first came out ...I'll never sell it.

sounds great for leads when I record and layers nicley with my Uber.
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I really like them too.

Comment

Bill was telling us how great "his" JMP sounded, so a friend (who knew they sucked) and I, went to Bills house to hear it.

We get there, and his BBE 422 is turned up full on both settings, and the room was vibrating with the sound of wet dinosaur farts.

We laughed at him for weeks. Actually, we still are years laters.

Bill is much too high...

Here's Bill JMP-1 though. Highly modded it seems:

Comment

Finally! A preamp with a Hum control and Bogus Tone for the rest of us!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Suckulator 2000 ... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Well I'll be doing a lot of recording with it .....so the proof will be in the puddin'.

I just put that 422 in the rig at that time ...believe me it's bit tweaked now..

The lead work in the beginning of the song "Scapegoat" that John posted for me...is ALL JMP-1 and a dunlop wah..sounded good to me....best sound on the demo actually.
                        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I'm another jmp-1 fan, I'd have to admit. It's not gonna make a great tone on it's own, but with the right power amp & EQ, it can sound great IMO. I'm gonna put some samples up in the MP3 forum soon so you can judge for yourself. Didn't know ENGL did a preamp, there certainly seems to be a lot of fans of their heads on here anyway. btw jmp-1 = 100 fully editable channels, as a guide, I'd say go easy on the treble & whack up the bass, don't know what kind of sound you're after, so I can't give any values just now. oh yeah, and presets always suck...
                          cheers
                          Callum

Comment

Its not a bad preamp, but I find I have to slam the front end of it with a BOSS CS2 and a BOSS NS pedals, then I have to run it through a BBE to get anything good out of it. I am a bit of an stickler for a "full blown" tone. I cant stand a weak tone. These are pretty true to the classic marshall sound, so if you like that , you will love the JMP-1. It does have some great clean sounds, nice gritty tones, but for balls to the wall metal, you have to run other gear with it to get it to perform. Not a bad unit though, at all. If you dont like it you can usually get your money back out of it if you didnt over pay for a used one. Try it out!!!

Oh yea, funny modded jmp there Cleve [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                            "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a classic. I will be seeing this picture everytime a topic of JMP-1 comes up .
                              [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X