Marshall jmp 1 preamp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Marshall jmp 1 preamp

Regarding the Intellifex, I did read a thread asking about it, (not one I started) where you commented about it without mentioning that there were USA and Korean models. Maybe you just assumed that everyone knew.

I saw that you were replying to a specific guy, but the comment did apply in general and is in similar sentiment to numerous comments on numerous threads that people probably took as applying to them. If I was overly sensitive to that then I apologize. I would think that that since Bill likes his and you continue to dog it, you're certainly implying that he doesn't know what he's doing. He's a
    good friend, right? See where I'm coming from here? You may have replied to one guy, but you dissed every guy here who uses a JMP-1 and likes it.

As I said before, one man's meat is another's
    poison. I think the guy who said you didn't know what you were doing was equally wrong for saying that. You both used the "anybody" barb though, so neither can claim your barb was aimed at only one person.

Anyway, as I said, I have the utmost respect for you John. It's very rare that we disagree
    and that's how I like it. I just had to put in my 2 cents' worth on this one. Sorry to offend you, but just consider what I said, OK?

Regards,

Rich
    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Sorry if I'm being a dick, really. It's not so much that I think they sound horrid, (although I'm certainly far from impressed). I just honestly believe that Marshall is just gouging their awesomely dedicated customer base by charging outrageous prices for far less than high quality equipment, and offer bogus customer service. And they do it only because of who they are.

Sorry if I rant, and offend Marshall people. I just know I've been screwed by them, learned a lot and hope to offer my loss as someone elses gain, or at least forwarn. There's so much better out there and for less money.

Although unfortunately, I probably alienate the people who need this advice the most on some of these threads...

I just wish that someone would have helped me with some advice on them when I was starting out through all this GAS, and spending a ton of money on less than quality stuff.

Comment

I know your heart's in the right place John. I have looked at the PCB when I changed the tube in my VS40 and shuddered, so I do agree with you that Marshall has gone on the cheap for quite awhile now. Still, that flimsy-looking
        thing has worked like a champ for me for a long time. Of course I only paid $135 for it, so to me it's a damn nice $135 amp. It's a knockaround for me, to go jam with the buds, not a serious amp for me but has an okay clean
        and a distortion with enough gain.

I like it pretty well, but part of it IS just liking a Marshall logo in the house. I begged my buddy last year NOT to buy a DSL100 1/2-stack, based on your reviews, but he did it anyway. It doesn't sound too bad, but my
        $500 Carvin 1/2-stack smokes it and his DSL is in the shop more than it's out. I think he paid like $2,100 for that thing too.
        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Man, I love you guys ...

Now John kiss my JMP-1 and say sorry ....you bruised his emotions .. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Wish I had a chance to check out that Engl ...nobody around here carries anything cool.

Our venture into boutique amps is strictly based on recommendations / reviews from credible sources and or sound clips.

Thingman sold me on my Uber basically..

It's NOT hands on first and buy later..unfortunately.

We all know and want good tone (that's why we're here) ...The Marshall is a tool I know makes me play a certain way. There is stuff I can pull off with this set up that I can't with any other amps I've tried. I really can't quite explain it but it's very true....it's a very stiff feel that suites my very heavy handed playing style I guess.

It may not be perfect but it's still a very much needed and useful tool to me regardless. That's why I can't dog it or dump it ...hell I know I'll miss it if I ever do.
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

heheh, sorry, missed this thread for a while, i guess i started that there. I didn't mean to imply Cleveland metal didn't know what he was doing, I mean't he had a dud (and was was meant to be kinda tongue in cheek anyway [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] ) $700 for a jmp-1? yeh, that is overpriced. Over here, choices of rack preamps are pretty much limited to a jmp-1 at £200 or a triaxis at about £2000, so you can maybe see why I like the jmp-1... heheh. Never seen an ENGL anything, though i don't doubt they're good. as for tones, here's some samples of stuff I did a wile ago with a jmp-1 and marshall el34 50/50. Oh yeah, apologies for digging this thread up again, seems anything about the jmp-1 turns into a bit of a flame war on this board, guess you either love them or hate them, heheh,
            cheers

http://www.achren.com/downloads/skinnyhumanstate.mp3

Comment

Working...
            X