The stack is finally finished!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The stack is finally finished!!!!

I can not get it to work either. I did a few test replies (preview) with other pics useing [image] [/image] tags and they work fine. I just can not get your picture to work. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Perhaps it has something to do with the bmp extension. I am having computer problems right now, and I cant convert images to jpg format for some reason. Perhaps one of you fart smellers could do that for me. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Here, even though you called me a fart smeller...

[img]/images/graemlins/nono.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

And I was just getting ready to e-mail a jpg version of the pic. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Cool stack!

As an aside... Bitmaps suck. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Cool stack!

As an aside... Bitmaps suck. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

No kidding. Both my computers went down within hours of each other. They both gave disk error messages. I couldn't even reformat them myself. My father in-law reformatted both drives for me, and I finally got the one working, but it has Win 98 first edition on it, and the paint program won't let me convert to Jpeg. How geigh is that? I still don't have the other system running yet. It has a recovery disk, but even that won't work. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] Okay, I'm done hijacking my own thread now. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

All that work, and the picture is too dark to even get a good look at your amp. lol

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  All that work, and the picture is too dark to even get a good look at your amp. lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, photoshop it then smarty pants!! [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Purple lizardskin, eh?

Here, I used photoshop to lighten it up a bit:

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Sorry, Zeeg, couldn't resist. Your cab and amp are awesome, bro [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

"Fartsniffer," eh? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Keith
                    The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

You crack me the hell up Keith!!!

Comment

Looks like a great job, zeegler! But that pic of yours looks like one brown pixel on my screen.

Did you refinish the cab too? Isn't it tough work to get that tolex glued on flat and nice? What glue did you use? Did you strip the cab of old tolex first? Talk to me...
                        Henrik
                        AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Looks like a great job, zeegler! But that pic of yours looks like one brown pixel on my screen.

Did you refinish the cab too? Isn't it tough work to get that tolex glued on flat and nice? What glue did you use? Did you strip the cab of old tolex first? Talk to me...

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry about the crappy pic. I'll try to get some better ones on Sunday. The cab is down at my rehearsal space so I won't see it until then.

No I didn't have to strip the old tolex from the cabinet, because there wasn't any. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]I built it from scratch. I used contact cement to glue on the tolex. It went pretty smoothly, but it takes a great deal of patience. You have to apply it to both the wood, and the tolex, and then let it dry completely before adhering it. I might try spray adhesive next time.

Comment

Ok! I have a stripped Marshall 4x12" - that's why i'm interested. Where's the best place to get tolex, cheap?

How many pieces of tolex did go on that cab? (i'm wondering how many seams there is).
                            Henrik
                            AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

There is only one seam, one the bottom of the cabinet running from underneath the front corner guard to the back corner guard. You cut the tolex and leave an extra 1/16". Then when you glue it down, it will be a super tight, almost invisible joint.

Comment

Looks great. Did you buy from a local dealer, or online?

Comment

Working...
                                X