Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Celestion T-75

Comment

Eminence made Jackson redlines.All the mids you could ever want.Tons of bottom end too.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamland_Rebel View Post
        new thoughts...

-Mesa Vin 30's are completely different than standard Vin 30's - mesa's have a extra low end and extra presence that makes them sound sweeter than standard vin 30s which seem to have a harshness about them that isn't pleasant.
        I think you are right. I used to own a Trem O Verb, with Mesa V30's, LOVED that sound. I bought an Avatar cab about a year ago, with the Hellatone 60 and 30 mix, which is their 'aged' V30 and G12H-30 as you probably know. Coupled it up with an ENGL Blackmore. Harsh sounding, I'm thinking it's the G12H as I've never used those before. Got a pair of Warehouse Veteran 30's to mix in, and it was better. I assumed I just needed more break-in time. Fast forward to a year or so later, and it is still way too harsh. I split the cab stereo with the Celestions on one side, Warehouse on the other, and A/B'd the two. The Celestions sounded completely wretched, much to my surprise. The other brand sounded great.

I was thinking about selling my Blackmore because it was way too bright and harsh, I thought I just either didn't get the hype on that brand or I just suddenly sucked at getting an even remotely pleasing tone.

The G12H-30's aren't quite doing it for me in that cab gained out, but I do like their dirty-clean sound. I'll probably build a 2x12 cab to put them in.

Comment

i actually love the sound of the G12H30's. but the standard Vin 30... yeeuk!
          the G12H30 is basically a greenback with a heavier Magnet. (hince the H in its title.)
          Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Mesa/Celestion MC-90's make the magic happen in my ears

Comment

Of the speakers I have, the UK-built Celestion Greenbacks are my favorite. A good high-end without being piercing and a very nice midrange response.

I would really like to try some Scumback M75's in a closed-back 2x12 or 4x12. The clips I've heard of those speakers are really good.
              Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

The Eminence Super V is my new Favorite. High wattage and musically rich...
                "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

Originally posted by fuel0707 View Post
                  Of the speakers I have, the UK-built Celestion Greenbacks are my favorite. A good high-end without being piercing and a very nice midrange response.

I would really like to try some Scumback M75's in a closed-back 2x12 or 4x12. The clips I've heard of those speakers are really good.
                  I just recently bought a used Marshall 4x12 "Classic" cab loaded with reissue UK made Celestion greenbacks and it sounds pretty good with my master volume Marshall heads.
                  Would love to hear some Celestion G12H-30's loaded in a Marshall 4x12!

Comment

My favorite Ice Cream is Ruggles All Natural Vanilla Bean...

Hope that helps..
                    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by 442w30 View Post
                      No one ever says Celestion G12M70. I seem to like these myself, but I only compared them to the V30. The V30 seemed less tight, kinda flabby. Anyone else like the G12M70? What's the diff between these and the Celestion G12T75 or 80?

I love the G12M70. I have them in my Laney cabs and put an old set from ebay in my Randall 412.

Comment

celestion sidewinders for me.
                        yeah it was me, you got a problem with that?

Comment

I also like Breyer's Mint Chocolate Chip with 20% extra chips..

I'm not really into coffee flavored ice cream ..even tho many people like it.
                          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

v30's 90% of the time for me.

as for the v30's flabbiness, i find that the lows sometimes sound deeper/cleaner when cut back just a hair

Comment

Working...
                            X