V-Amp 2 Advice Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Amp 2 Advice Please

Thinking of buying a v-amp 2 for practice/recording purposes, and selling my pod pro w/footpedal that I currently use only for practice/recording. Do these compare to each other? Has anyone had any nightmares with the V-Amp? Input appretiated.

Oh, and I already did a search on the subject Ron, I'd like some fresh input there ya thread guard dog, down boy down. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Re: V-Amp 2 Advice Please

I had a V-Amp and now have a PODxt. In comparison to the original POD/POD Pro, I think the V-Amp has crisper, livelier sounds--I got some decent recorded sounds out of the V-Amp, especially considering how little I paid for it. The POD Pro might do chugga-chugga rhythm guitaring slightly better than the V-Amp, however. I'd say it's a close call...

Never had any problems with the V-Amp. I even installed the 2.0 conversion EPROM chip into mine with no problem at all.

Comment

I have a v-amp 2.. it works great

I've also tried the pod pro and pod and i'd say they're all prety similar. Unless i'm missing something here o_O

I love my V-amp and I think its one of the most useful tools for recording/bedroom practices. I'd recommend (and have) to anyone!

good luck, for the price you can't go wrong!

Comment

I bought one off e-bay for $72 bucks. Sounds pretty good. I thinks the pods sound a little warmer tone wise. But I'm still very happy with the V-amp2.

Comment

I have the V-amp and eventually go the upgrade to the V-amp 2 and I've gotta say I love it. Now I have not played on a Pod and when I got my V-amp it's because I needed a practise tool that was cheap and good, now there's no going back.
          I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

I am looking into one of these types of units, and would like to you guys to reccomend the best one for British crunch and recto imulating as I do heavy rythym and palm muting? Thanks-Jack.

Comment

The v-amp has a few amp model settings that have great high gain features, my personal fav amp mdoel is the "modern high gain" which i believe is a mockup of a Soldano or Bogner.... pretty clear if i use the right cab emulation as well.

Comment

I use the "rectified" amp model and you can get some real good gain outta it.

Comment

Great high gain sounds. No Mac software for computer-side editing, patch downloading, etc. (in case that matters to you). I just sold mine largely for that reason.

Comment

Working...
                  X