No announcement yet.

Hey Guys - Help me choose my next amp!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hey Guys - Help me choose my next amp!

[ QUOTE ]
    definetely

[/ QUOTE ]

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      [ QUOTE ]
      definetely

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

C'mon! English is not my main language... [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Comment

You will not be dissapointed choosing a Rectifier. Here are my favorite Mesa heads in order:
        Dual Rectifier Tremoverb
        Dual Rectifier 2 channel (the older the better)
        Triple Rectifier 2 channel
        Single Rectifier
        Rectoverb

Comment

I think the Recto is unfairly typecast as not being versitile - I've got some pretty damn cool non-metal tones out of mine. It does take the one trait every Mesa amp owner must have, though - patience. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I'd say Recto, but I'm biased, and I haven't heard the JSX.

Mike
          Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

Mike is right.. The time is well spent searhing for "your" tone out of your Boogie. I have a Nomad 45 that literally took me 1 month to dial in but now that it is.... holy crap. At first it sounded like ass. Rectifiers are alot easier. Especially if you are looking for a high gain metal sound.

Comment

Yeah, I've heard a lot of things about Rectifiers not having enough versatility, but I don't need much, just a good clean and distortion channel. I have effects on my house, so effects are not a problem.

Comment

The JSX is supposed to be built around the Peavey XXX. I personaly am not a fan of Line 6 at all, but they are getting more and more popular.

Comment

i saw joe at a local music store in my town doing a promo tour for peavey showing off the jsx and that amp is amazing it has as much gain as you could ever want and then the clean chanel is pristine and he didnt use alot of effects while he was playing so you could really hear the amp.and on top of that he was one of the coolest guys youll ever meet

Comment

I'm going to try out a XXX tomorrow. Many people have said that they're pretty awesome. Altho I'm leaning towards the mesa for that "legendary" mesa crunch. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

No amp can duplicate the Mesa Rectifier gain and crunch. It is literally life changing. The XXX is a nice amp but... IT AIN'T NO MESA...

Comment

Working...
                      X