amp advice (stack->combo?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: amp advice (stack->combo?)

yeah, i'd like to buy one, but hell, even the basic mesa rectifier 412 CABINET is about 1000euro..thats more than the fireball head costs for example. the head (dual) usually sells around 2100-2500 euro.

well, i'm going to try to fix the headroom issue with some new tubes. the laney is a single channel amp with switchable gainboost....now if you want to use the normal channel as clean (and as i said above, i like my clean channel CLEAN), you got to lower ther gain to about 3 or so...which means that theres not that much signal going into the poweramp and therefore the clean channel isnt really loud....i guess some less gain 12au7 tubes instead of the stock 12ax7 ones can fix that, can they?
    i think i'll also buy some el34s and see if i like their high volume breakup better than the stock 6l6 type.

but nevertheless i think i'll take a look at some other amps in my pricerange....particulary combos.

what about selling the 412 cab for a 212 cab? i guess they are easier to carry around than the 412 ones, but how to they compare to 412 cabs when it comes to volume and "punch"?

greets

Comment

Working...
    X