Cakewalk Guitar Tracks Pro 3 - WTB, have questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cakewalk Guitar Tracks Pro 3 - WTB, have questions

I am thinking about picking up Guitar Tracks Pro. Probably more than I need, so maybe you guys can give me some advice.

The main reason I want to do some recording is to create some guitar & drum backing tracks so I can improvise bass lines over them. I then want to mix the results to CD in CD audio format so I can play them for my instructor.

I have played guitar for 18 years and only recently started playing bass. While I want software that gives me the flexibility to choose amp models and add effects, I don't need to try and record an entire band at once.

I was planning on using the factory installed soundcard in my Dell tower for an input/output, at least for the time being.

I have MIDI keyboards, but don't know that I will necessarily do any recording with them.

Any input would be appreciated. I have already searched the forum and read the related threads, but I would really like to get the following questions answered:

1) Can GT Pro 3 record in CD-Audio format, and;
    2) How bad will the Dell factory soundcard suck for an input?

Thanks,

- E.
    Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Re: Cakewalk Guitar Tracks Pro 3 - WTB, have questions

I'm sure it probably records as WAV files which are CD audio quality at the standard bitrate....Your Dell soundcard probably won't sound great compared to some of the expensive ones out there but I use my stock soundcard in my Compaq for everything I record and I don't find I have a terrible tone...Here's an MP3: New Song

Comment

Whoa, Dumpy, you frickin rock! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks for the sound post. I'd be happy with that quality from a factory input card. That answers question 1.

My other point about CDs wasn't so much about CD quality; what I meant was I wanted it to play in a standard "non-mp3" CD player.

- E.

Comment

If you have virtually any type of CD creation software, it will burn a .wav or .mp3 file into the usual CD Audio format, which will then play in any CD player that will take CD-Rs. (Some older ones won't, but most will.)

Mike
        Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          If you have virtually any type of CD creation software, it will burn a .wav or .mp3 file into the usual CD Audio format, which will then play in any CD player that will take CD-Rs. (Some older ones won't, but most will.)

Mike

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I may have to go with that for a solution.

As a product designer myself, it seems like a short leap to include that functionality right in with the software; maybe Cakewalk thought they had included all the built-in functionality they could at that pricepoint.

- E.

Comment

Re: Cakewalk Guitar Tracks Pro 3 - WTB, have quest

Nice tune Dumpy. Did you program the drums for that track?

Comment

Working...
            X