New Lee Jackson Amps?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Lee Jackson Amps?????

Anyone hear anything about new [img]/images/graemlins/help.gif[/img] Lee Jackson amp developments? I used to own one...and would love to check out an updated version?

Re: New Lee Jackson Amps?????

I heard from a friend that it is going to be a long wait.He was doing some work with an amp company and that didnt work out.Lee was trying to get his own gig going but it didnt work out.At least thats what I have heard.I also heard he was going to do the summer Namm show and didnt.

Comment

I owned two VL 100 Ampeg Lee Jackson amps...one with 6550s and one with EL34s...they were OK ...kinda midrangy..a little farty.

The lighted logo looked cool tho.
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I had the m1000 and also the xls1000.They were ok for what they were,but very limited.They were also very noisy.I dont think I would ever buy them again.I would also be interested if Lee came out with some new ideas.For some reason his heads are also incredibly loud.Almost to loud for the house.You get to much uncontrollable feedback.

Comment

I've owned 3 Lee Jackson modified Marshalls and didn't really like any of them. They all basically were too bright/buzzy with just way too much unuseable preamp gain.

Comment

Yeah, I owned a XLA head. But, I guess these older amps were his take on a modded JCM800 Marshall design. I was hoping to see if he came out with an updated version with the kinks worked out. Maybe something to rival an "Engl Savage 120 -Channel 4" type of kind of grind.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              I heard from a friend that it is going to be a long wait.He was doing some work with an amp company and that didnt work out.Lee was trying to get his own gig going but it didnt work out.At least thats what I have heard.I also heard he was going to do the summer Namm show and didnt.

[/ QUOTE ]

From what I gather he was working (or trying to work) with Rhino Amps. I've heard good things and bad things about them, the good is that to me they sound pretty great esp their Beast model. The bad is that their biggest endorser Yngwie Malmsteen does not even play Rhinos in the studio or on stage!

Also, for a young company trying to get a name out there they have one of the worst web sites I've ever seen!
              I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

i had an m 1000 preamp for a while. noisy little amp but but when you cranked it you could get pretty close to COB tone. but when i say crank i mean..everything...full blown
                neat amp..but i dont think id buy another one

Comment

I have an M-1000, don't like trying to use the gain in of the amp. I usually set the controls to sound as close to a JCM800 w/o a boost and then boost it like I do my JCM800. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img] Does that make sense? Anyways the amp is freaking loud!

I'm happy with my JCM800 setup, but wouldn't mind checking out one of his new amps.

Jason

Comment

I had a JCM800 modded by Lee Jackson and Ampeg VL502.
                    That JCM800,A smoke came out and burned down..
                    VL502 sounded great.I bought it as new when it came out.
                    Only the thing it bothered me was it was only able to do one thing and not flexible at all.

Comment

I have an XLA 500, and I love it! It's a little noisy, and I will probably buy an equalizer for a little rhythm scooping. Apart from that, it's great! Perfect sound for my music. Lots of gain, but quite clear without sounding sterile. This is amp is actually anything but sterile. And I get a great lead sound out of it! Screaming and full of sustain...

IMO!!!

As previously stated: I love it [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                      I have no eyes, fuck-mook!

Comment

I guess im the black sheep...I've got a modded Metaltronix M-1000. I love the thing. Mine was modifed with a bias adjustment pot, which helps out alot. I've also got a Peavey XXX and the contrast between the two are great. If I want metal, then I go for the XXX, if I want blues or classic rock, then the Metaltronix works great for that. I want to buy an overdrive pedal for it and really hear the thing take off. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

About Lee's new heads, from the way he put things on his site, they sound very promising, and i'm really looking forward to them.

Comment

Hey this is just my opinion,so take it for what its worth.I just bought a 1983 jcm800 that was modded by Marc Cameron.If you want that Marshall tone but way smoother and heavier,get a head modded by Marc.I have sold off every other piece of gear that I own thats how GREAT his mods are.I can go from 80s type to new metal with this baby.I had the Lee Jackson stuff and its ok for what it is.Way to noisy for me and also very limiting.It does the ac/dc tone ok but thats really it.Im not knocking it but if your not after that tone dont bother with it.For a few hundred more you can get a Cameron mod and be way more flexible and have tone for days.Paul

Comment

Working...
                          X