fulldrive vs boss sd1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fulldrive vs boss sd1

is the fulldrive really that much better than a boss sd1 i dont mind paying more for american made stuff but god damn 200
    compared to 50 is there really that much difference in sound

Re: fulldrive vs boss sd1

Yes there is. The fulldrive is worth every penny. All of their boxes are.

Comment

i guess it all depends on what equipment you are playing thru...
      if you are playing thru a crappy amp, than it's probably not worth the money...lol
      but if you have a decent setup, the fulldrive is an incredible pedal. it is especially good when matched up with a good tube amp. i have to agree with jg and say that it is worth the price.

Comment

Cool part of Fulldrive is you get this boost switch to raise the amount of volume for soloing without adding any extra distortion.
        You can always find cheaper price on FD.
        Like used one on E-bay or harmony.
        Maybe $100-140?

Comment

Yep. Its not hype. The Fulldrive really sounds good. Much more versatile too with the comp-cut feature & the 2 modes (drive & boost).

Comment

just to really confuse you, let me throw in a 3rd option.

Check out the MXR Zakk Wylde overdrive.
            "Gonna Bend You Like A G String" - RIP Bon Scott

Comment

Here's the link for the Zakk Wylde OD pedal.
              Zakk Wylde OD pedal web page

and a pic [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

So what's the difference between SD1 and Zakk's new pedal besides they are different brands?
                Is Zakk's pedal better than SD1?

Comment

I played one last week and it sounded amazing.

I normally use and SD-1 or an MXR Distortion+. This thing blew them both away. The tone affected a larger eq range, the gain was a lot more and the clarity and harmonics oozed from my guitar. It's kinda hard to describe, but it sounded crunchy, yet creamy, but played gooey (in a good way).

You;d have to play one to see, I sound like Im describing peanutbutter

Comment

alright to mix things up i just orderd the analogman sd1 with 808 mod with the push pull pot to switch from boss cliping to tubescreamer cliping

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      alright to mix things up i just orderd the analogman sd1 with 808 mod with the push pull pot to switch from boss cliping to tubescreamer cliping

[/ QUOTE ]

so you didn't listen to any of us huh [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

that's cool, give it a week and give us a review.

Comment

Fulltone and Boss are no comparision. I like Boss and use them, but Fulltone are just amazing. Sort of like comparing a Ferrari to a low Mustang. Same type of thing, but not really. I have three old Fulltone, prior to the production they are at now. They are non painted Hammond boxes, with Brother PTouch labels. I have a Fulldrive 2, a 69, and a Soulbender. The Fulldrive is my number one pedal, and i have a great modded BOSS DS-2, and a TC Booster, among others. The 69 and Soulbender are great as well, but i am not a fuzz guy. I just collect Fulltones. They are fantastic and I can't pass up the old ones when I see them

Comment

i heard about them from this guy that works at my local music store and he was raving about them and they dont even sell them so i figured what the hell lots of people have fulltones lets try somthing different and see if its anygood

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            Fulltone and Boss are no comparision. I like Boss and use them, but Fulltone are just amazing. Sort of like comparing a Ferrari to a low Mustang. Same type of thing, but not really. I have three old Fulltone, prior to the production they are at now. They are non painted Hammond boxes, with Brother PTouch labels. I have a Fulldrive 2, a 69, and a Soulbender. The Fulldrive is my number one pedal, and i have a great modded BOSS DS-2, and a TC Booster, among others. The 69 and Soulbender are great as well, but i am not a fuzz guy. I just collect Fulltones. They are fantastic and I can't pass up the old ones when I see them

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely. Fulltones are just so perfectly voiced. They have a more musical quality to them. Its hard to explain, but if you play them you understand.

I have heard good things about Analog Man's work, though.

Comment

Working...
                            X