Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is a good Bass pre-amp for recording?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is a good Bass pre-amp for recording?

I need to get a bass pre-amp just for recording, but I'm not a bass player so I need your help. I was just going to go out and pick up a Bass PODxt, but I'm not sure if I should spend the money. I was wondering about the Vamp. It's way more cost effective, but I'm wondering if I'll be happy with the sound quality. Ultimatly, I'd like to stay under 125-150, but I'm not sure if I'll get decent sound quality in that price range. Any thoughts?

Jim
    "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Re: What is a good Bass pre-amp for recording?

i have the bass V-amp and i love it. it's really worth the money (because it's cheap)!! i think the bass podxt is better, but it's too expensive to sit around and collect dust between recording sessions. i don't know how accurate bass v-amps models are and i don't care because i can get many useable tones out of it. get it...you will be satisfied.
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Re: What is a good Bass pre-amp for recording?

Thats cool. I'm not looking for accuracy. I just want to be able to aquire a good bass tone.

Jim
      "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

Working...
      X