external eq's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• external eq's

I have a dual recto and just recently got a ebmm petrucci signature. Im really happy with the tones my setup has, but im curious if i added an external eq, how much better could i make my stuff sound? What are the different types of eq's? Any brand reccomendations?

Re: external eq\'s

Maybr the thread below can help some.

http://www.jcfonline.com/ubbthreads/...ev=#Post243532

Comment

I use a Boss GE-7 and it works great.

Comment

I have a Symetrix 551E Parametric EQ that kicks ass. Being a Parametric EQ it is a bit difficult to figure out , (which I'm still trying to do), but it does'nt color the basic amps tone at all which should be important.Other Eq's I've tried totally change the tone and feel of the amp that's driving it which in my opinion is the complete opposite of what an EQ should do. Most of the EQ's I've tried have been pedals with the GE-7 being the best. Boss's Advanced EQ, I can't remember the number specification, is garbage...don't waste your money.

Comment

Nothing beats the TC Electronic 1128!!
          Digitally controlled analogue eq.
          Awesome....

Comment

Yeah ... I been looking into them. Of course I can not find one around for sale and they are on the expensive side. If you know where I can score one let me know. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Nothing beats the TC Electronic 1128!

I have heard this as well but I don't have any experience with it.

Comment

Working...
              X