SPLAWN PRO MOD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPLAWN PRO MOD

Anyone try one out?If so what did you think?

Re: SPLAWN PRO MOD

Scott Splawn's place is about an hour and a half away from me. I've got a friend who has a Splawn-modded Marshall JMP and he totally digs it-he's thinking of selling his Laneys to get one of the amps that Scott makes himself.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Anyone try one out?If so what did you think?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm Scott Splawn's 1st dealer and they are AWESOME!! I have some clip's of it on my site www.rocksolidamps.com in the soundbyte section.

Derek [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Your wbsite looks great!
        I am checking the MP3s now.
        [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

How are these Pro Mods constructed? Are they modded Marshalls? Anybody got some interior shots?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            How are these Pro Mods constructed? Are they modded Marshalls? Anybody got some interior shots?

[/ QUOTE ]

Chuck -

They are built from the ground up and are not modded anything...I've not played one - but you know what I think of my modded 1987x...

That said - he's got a new amp thats a 50 watt little shooter that supposedly has accomplished the mean feat of of combining a true Bogner Shiva style clean, with a balls to the wall crunch similiar to his other high gainers....can't remember the name but I think it's new in the $1200 - 1400 range.

I for one would not hesitiate to buy anything from him...class act all the way.

Steve E

Comment

Hey DerekB,Does the splawn head have a depth knob on the back of them?I want to go with his highest gain head is that the promod?Or does he have a higher gain model?Paul

Comment

No there is no depth knob of any kind on the amp but the Bass knob is very responsive and the amp has GREAT lowend response and sounds huge and tight.

Derek

Comment

Are you going to be around?I see you have a shop so maybe I can call you there and get some info.I would love to hear you play it over the phone.I can never tell from the sound clips.Do you notice a difference besides volume between the 50 and 100 watter?

Comment

Ummm...ready for some blasphemy????

My 1897x Splawn "out ball'ses" my Bogner 101b [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] no **** - everyday I get closer to selling the Bogner, because the Splawn just has a better feel to it...especially with my new Les Paul - instant eargasm when it comes on [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Steve E

Comment

You guys have to help me out.I already have a Cameron modded jcm800.To me nothing can beat it.It has the best tone I have ever heard from a head.I want to go with somthing different.I am upin the air between the Splawn promod and my buddy might be selling a Suhr modded jcm800.I dont know what to do???Is the Splawn that good.I can never tell from sound clips and dont have the chance to play one without buying it.Paul

Comment

give scott splawn a call - he just got in a surh modded marshall that the guy wants him to rip out the surh mod and install his. http://www.splawnguitars.com

i've called scott several times asking him about the Pro-Mod. and I WANT ONE!!!!

he doesn't mind talking about them at all. the pro-mod is a 2 channel 100 watt beast. a clean/brown channel and a high gain channel. both channels have a solo boost with a knob to control the amount - boost button on footswitch.

the pro mod is hand biult by scott using what he considers to be the best materials availible. just talking to him on the phone about them has made me jones for one. you should definately call him.

anway i'll stop blabbing. GET A PRO-MOD!
                        ~JW
                        Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Ummm...ready for some blasphemy????

My 1897x Splawn "out ball'ses" my Bogner 101b [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] no **** - everyday I get closer to selling the Bogner, because the Splawn just has a better feel to it...

Steve E

[/ QUOTE ]

Anytime you want to get rid of your Bogner.
                          Please let me know.
                          [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Step Off there Loretta. I've been buttering ol' Steve up for months now...the line forms right behind me! [img]/images/graemlins/refuse.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              Step Off there Loretta. I've been buttering ol' Steve up for months now...the line forms right behind me! [img]/images/graemlins/refuse.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                              Loretta?? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                              Who is that? [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img]

Never mind, I will be glad you to have it if Steve ever decides to sell it.

[img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X