Bogner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bogner

In the next month or so I am going to add a Bogner 4x12 Straight cab to my rig. I can buy locally but I will pay full retail + tax , ($999.00 + tax). Would it benefit me to shop some of the national dealers...of course there is the shipping etc. What kind of deals have you guys gotten on these and where do I go? I do want to buy new. [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]

Thanks.

Re: Bogner

I asked this before but nobody seem to have an answer..

I have my Uber on top of one of my Marshall 1960b cabs ....I like Celestion 75s for the most part ..no complaints really

I was NEVER a fan of vintage 30s....as a matter of fact I hate them.

As a matter if fact I was thinking of buying a Mesa cab loaded w / 90s..if anything at all.

I want to know from someone if they ever had the chance or oppurtunity to hear the difference of a Bogner cab and a new Marshall cab side by side with the same head ...A and B comparison so to speak...

Visually it would be nice to have the matching cab...but I'm not thrown' down a G for nothing.

OK somebody answer this.... [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

. [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]

Comment

eBay is the way [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...72381&rd=1
        shawnlutz.com

Comment

Answering Bill about cabs,
          I used to have a Rect 4x12 and a Bogner 4x12 both with Vintage 30's and also a 5150 4x12.
          I tried these cabs side by side with the same Marshall amp head and 5150 amp head, Bogner cab had little darker tone than others and didn't like much.
          Just my opinion though.

About the cab on E-bay,Local pickup only...
          Is Maryland close to NY?

Comment

Ummm. What is your definition of close... 5 to 7 hours I would say depending on traffic and the day you go...

Comment

Thank you very much dude ...now that's what I've been waiting to hear..

See in my area nobody carries any boutique stuff whatsoever ...My venture into getting a Bogner was strictly thru credible sources and sound clips ..

Like I said before ...Thingman basically sold me on the Uber ...

I saw one on the Bay ..and the guy live just two hours away from me ...it was like it was meant to be

I went there with the cash and bought it ..The damn thing wasn't even two months old ...lost his job and wanted to get out of the payment.

For some reason I played sooooo many different cabs loaded with Vintage 30 ...never liked them .

In 1990 when Ampeg just came out with the VL Lee Jackson amp ..I bought two heads and four Ampeg clestion cabs (John's cabs now) loaded with 75's ...for just another 80 bucks I could have bought the Vintage 30 cab...

So I played both cabs at length with the same head ...and to me there was no comparison in the voice of the speakers.

The 75s had a much sharper highs and a much better and tighter low frequency response....at a very high volume levels.

The best sounding cab I've ever owned was a lousy Peavy cab loaded with celestion 80s ...those speakers were the bomb...IMO

Then I tried a Mesa cab w / 30s and then one w / 90s ...again no comparison ...and the 90's reminded me what I loved so much about the 80s..

I never have a problem getting hordes of midrange ...any amp is focused mostly on mids since that's where all the guitar's voice is..Vintage 30s seem to give me wayyyy too much mids...and not in a good way..

If they made a killer Uber cab loaded and tuned with 80s or 90s ...I would highly consider it.

Thank you ,

Bill

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Maryland is anywhere from 3.5 to 10 hours from NY depending on the locale in NY....too far

Horns I have a Bogner slant 4x12 and LOVE it, compared to the Mesas and Marshalls I've had in the past there is simply no comparison. I am also not a big fan of V30's but you and I have agreed before that the 5150 /5150 II is a balls out badass amp.....you wouldn't beleive the 5150 w/ a Bogner loaded w V30's. V30's in a Bogner cab don't sound like V30's in any other cab I've heard. With that said, I am planning on buying a Straight cab loaded w/ Greenbacks first of all because I want to try them in a 4x12, I have a 2x12, but mainly because I think they will be easier to sell so I can replace them with CL 80's. The only way I would be willing to buy used, I am willing, is if it is a local sale where I can actually put my hands on it....6-7 hours away from my business would cost me so much more than what I would save just because of the time lost....I do like road trips though. You have a Uberkab that I would love to check out because I've not heard one.

Comment

horns666:

Since you have the Überscahall, you owe it yourself to get the ÜberKab. I've run side to side comparisons with the Überschall and the ÜberKab/1960AV/1960A cabs... the ÜberKab was the clear winner w/o a doubt. The V30/GT75 combo in the ÜberKab just flat out sounds great with the Überschall. Stay away from Mesa Recto cabs with the Über... the Mesa cabs are too dark and bassy, which are 2 things the Überschall doesn't need any help with. All of the Bogner cabs (including the ÜberKab) are built to the specs of a 1968 Marshall 4X12. The only difference is the speaker compliment & cosmetics.

As for price, the best price I could find when looking for mine was $900 out the door new. Bogner has a fixed pricing policy (like Mesa), so your room to negotiate with dealers is slim to none. But the Bogner cabs are worth the price.

Comment

I went to my local shop and asked them if Bogner will take an order for a ST. 4x12 loaded w/ CL 80's....they will and they did. I'll have it in about 6-8 weeks. I thought you could only get V30's or Greenbacks.....not so if you're patient in waiting. I may have been able to save a hundred bucks or something by ordering elsewhere but that is the most I would imagine especially because of shipping. In the end I say for 100.00 savings....I'll pass and get it from my local guys who let me play with there expensive amps all I want etc....

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      I went to my local shop and asked them if Bogner will take an order for a ST. 4x12 loaded w/ CL 80's....they will and they did. I'll have it in about 6-8 weeks. I thought you could only get V30's or Greenbacks.....not so if you're patient in waiting. I may have been able to save a hundred bucks or something by ordering elsewhere but that is the most I would imagine especially because of shipping. In the end I say for 100.00 savings....I'll pass and get it from my local guys who let me play with there expensive amps all I want etc....

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats cool if you have the patience (which I don't when I want to buy something [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]). Sounds like a cool shop plus keep the locals in business.

Let us know how it sounds when you get it. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                      shawnlutz.com

Comment

Uber + Bogner 4x12 loaded w/ Greenbacks = eargasm. Period.

Steve E

Comment

Greenbacks get very hairy when cranked IMO....

I don't like my sound hairy ...I like it bald.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

They do sound great from low to moderate volume levels tho..again ...IMO

Thanks for the tips guys ...I guess it's best for me to try and locate a bogner cab around these parts ...

I do know a dude who plays an Ecstacy head and a Bogner cab ...I must contact him and see if he wants to screw around with our amps..I'm sure he's curious of my Uber anyways..

Comment

Ever since 9/11 , Iraq, seeing how the world lives, seeing a United States where John Kerry could actually become President instead of being laughed at (sorry Dems), and watching one of my best friends 14 year old daughter struggle with Cerebral Pul/Scoliosis (sp?), (which sadly came to the ultimate conclusion last weekend)....I have a different view on problems and PATIENCE. Right now I guess my biggest problems are things like...my amps always don't sound the way I want....I gotta wait 2 months for my cab...I've been waiting 4-5 months for my Jacksons to arrive......basically..I don't have problems. Not trying to drag this thread down...these things just make you think is all..I'll be sure to post a report once the cab arrives...I've never heard CL80's but have been very curious so it will be cool.

Comment

Tooling CL80's are very very cool ...the Peavy cab loaded with them sounded phenom with my old 100 wt. Marshall JCM lead series head..

That I will always remember ...gave that cab to an old friend of mine for carpeting a few rooms for me....I wish I still had it.

Comment

Working...
                              X