Outta control (ENGL, Marshall, Budda)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outta control (ENGL, Marshall, Budda)

So as if the ENGL Powerball I bought a couple weeks ago wasn't enough, I just scored a voodoo modded JCM800 2204 for $800 and then stumbled onto a budda Superdrive 80 and matching 4x12 for $2,000 shipped and had to jump on that. Too much amps, I'm gonna have to move something to keep from getting divorced [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Re: Outta control (ENGL, Marshall, Budda)

I got the Savage and a Voodoo modded 800 but no Budda though. Good score though!

Comment

How does the voodoo modded jcm800 sound?I have one modded by Marc Cameron that just rips.I am interested in getting another.Paul

Comment

Don't know, it hasn't even arrived yet. That's the killer, I paid for the Marshal and no **** 20 minutes later found the Budda and jumped on that too. I expect both to arrive next week. The Powerball however is a machine. That thing kicks some serious ass. But thing is, while I still like to listen to heavy heavy stuff, whenevr I start playing its more a bluesy oriented 70's stoner rock that comes out of my fingers. Hence the Marshall and Budda. I'll likely have to get rid of the ENGL to make room (and $$). Also it looks like ENGL just upped their prices across the board as the Powerball went up to $1,839 and another $199 for the Z5 footswitch.

Comment

Here's the Powerball as it sits in my living room atop an Avatar 4x12 (V30's & G12H30's) and a Genz-Benz GFlex 2x12. The budda stack at the bottom as pictured in the ebay auction.

Comment

That's what ya get hanging out at the Harmony Central amp forum and the Gear Page... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

it is addicting isn't it? I was looking for a combo for my home studio and got hooked (even after buying a DC-5). I used to keep an eye on eBay auctions for Charvels now I just look at Mesa, Bogner, Soldano, VHT, Engl amps [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Seeing how I have 14 some guitars, I need more amps...hehehe

Are those JCM 800 mods reversible? I have a 2203 (from 83) and I'm a little apprehensive to mod it, I'd just assume get another amp and keep it stock with 6550's but I hear great things about the Splawn Pro Mod.
              shawnlutz.com

Comment

Working...
              X