Blue Voodoo Combo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Voodoo Combo

I'm looken for a new amp. what do you guys think of the blue voodoo combo?

I want something that can be loud and sound nice and is cheap!

Re: Blue Voodoo Combo

what type of tone are you looking for?

Comment

Lemme see how I like this Carvin MTS head, then I'll let you know...

Comment

The MTS head is supposed to be very good, but what some people would like is a Master volume knob added. If Carvin did that I would order one at the price they charge. Jack.

Comment

I had one of the blue voodoo heads, and for the money, I thought it was awesome. For whatever that is worth. (Nothing.) [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Keith
          The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

lol, i'm just looking for a neat-o heavy distortion with nice palm muting sound and squeals, and a clean channel. I don't really care how clean it sounds.

Comment

I owned a Blue Voodoo Head and cab for a few years. Excelent amp for the money. However the combo seemed to lack the gain and umph of the head and cab. The combo also does not have a footswitchable fx loop with a built in 12 db boost. The head does and it's great for a lead boost

If I were you i'd check out the new Kustom Quad 100DXF.
              It's a 100w 2x12 combo (no tube, but sounds like a cranked mashall) with fx. The fx ain't that great except for the delay which is killer for leads.

Best part is they only run about $300.00 bucks. Can't beat that deal [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Here's a link
              http://kustom.com/products/guitar_amps/quad100dfx.asp
              "Gonna Bend You Like A G String" - RIP Bon Scott

Comment

Thanks, I looked at it, but i really can't see if it has a footswitch or not? i don't see a spot. maybe i missed it?

Comment

woops, i found it. thanks that looks like a great amp for the cash.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Thanks, I looked at it, but i really can't see if it has a footswitch or not? i don't see a spot. maybe i missed it?

[/ QUOTE ]

This was the only down side to the amp. There is a pedal output, but you need to buy a pedal as Kustom doesn't make one. I just used an old morley I had hanging around. You will need a 2 button switch, and if it doesn't come with a cable like my morley, you'll need a stereo cable. Best bet is to get a marshall or fender, whichever is cheaper and use that.

I bought one of these to use for jamming and open mike nights. It's served me well, and I always get compliments on my tone.

PS, If you play lead (as I do) add a volume pedal (like a morley little alligator) in the fx loop. Set the minimum volume to max and leave the pedal toe up. When you play a lead, mash 'er down. You'll have a huge volume boost ! Plus you won't loose any preamp tone as you lower and raise volume.
                    "Gonna Bend You Like A G String" - RIP Bon Scott

Comment

Working...
                    X