Engl Powerball??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engl Powerball??

Anyone have any experience with these? Its the 100 watt head with 4 channels. Supposed to sound really big & crunchy. Any thoughts on these anyone???

Re: Engl Powerball??

Checkout this link http://rocksolidamps.com/index.htm?P...47987b3ec70624 The Engl Savage has my interest peaked [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Go to the Soundbytes Header

Comment

Here's mine. They are monsters for metal with a great clean channel too. Very heavy, tight, and modern sounding. I might get rid of mine as I tend to play more blues oriented stoner rock ala Sabbath, Clutch, Fu Manchu and the likes and the Powerball is a bit too metal for that.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
          [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] Looks killer!
          I miss my Savage 120... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
          I have been thinking of going back with Engl at the same time, I would love to have a Mesa Road King......
          Decision decision... [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Comment

I love my Powerball...I got it right before Engl instated the price jack up so it was roughly the cost of a Triple Rectifier, but much better sounding. It sounds beastly, for lack of a better word...no flabby bass end at all and it cuts through very well. Only problem I could think of is that I can't find a way to open the external fuse compartment. Also the Z5 footswitch (not included)is damn shiny as you could tell from the pic so it might be a pain in the ass to see on stage.

Comment

hey tattooedcarrot let me now if your gonna sell her. im very interested and hopfully the price is right [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I have one and I love it. I got rid of a Bogner Ecstacy Classic (incredible amp) for it. But the Powerball is better suited to the heavy music we play.

Comment

I finally played through the Powerball last night. Very impressive. All of the sounds are really good. Fantastic clean channel....this surprised me. The crunch is great too, & the lead channels sound huge. This is what the Dual Rectifier should sound like........or what I wish my Dual Rec sounded like.

I have a Soldano Decatone that I don't really need anymore...a friend of a friend has the Powerball & is thinking of trading me for the Decatone.
                  I hope he decides to go through with it.

Comment

you'd probably like a Bogner Uberschall too ..I would assume. They are a monster of an amp!

I own one and they are incredible for metal..
                    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I'd say the Uber is my #1 choice for metal, but it's a bit pricey.

Comment

Jack Frost (seven witches) told me the same thing TC. He thinks the Uber is a "heavier" amp for metal as well.
                        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          I finally played through the Powerball last night. Very impressive. All of the sounds are really good. Fantastic clean channel....this surprised me. The crunch is great too, & the lead channels sound huge. This is what the Dual Rectifier should sound like........or what I wish my Dual Rec sounded like.

I have a Soldano Decatone that I don't really need anymore...a friend of a friend has the Powerball & is thinking of trading me for the Decatone.
                          I hope he decides to go through with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Soldano's rule bro.. There is nothing like the sound of an opened up Soldano.

Comment

I heard some one play through a Power Ball a few nights ago. I was floored by how amazing it sounded.
                            93 USA Soloist EDS
                            USA HT6 Juggernaut
                            Charvel DK24FR

Comment

I agree Soldanos do rule......its just that mine isn't getting much use any more.
                              Now that I've got my Splawn Pro-Mod 50, I'm using that for the vintage to hot rodded Marshall-like sounds that I used to use the Decatone for. I just had to turn that Decatone up so loud to get it to really sound right to me.
                              Plus my music with my band has really gone into a more metal direction the last couple of years & I need more devastating low-end chunk. I haven't really been pleased with the sound of the Dual Rectifier that I've been playing live with. I think the Powerball will do it for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X