Marshall mini-stack......excellent!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall mini-stack......excellent!

Well, have had all weekend to play with this and have to say I am very very impressed. Aside from the pure novelty factor of a mini Marshall Full-Stack it plays very very well. Spring reverb and a nice crunch channel to boot! Also, it plays as nicely running only one cab as it does with both....

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/haighrk...y/DSC04595.JPG

Considering the price ~£175 I think it is fantastic value for money!

R

Re: Marshall mini-stack......excellent!

I really like mine too. I use the cd input as an effects loop and run my vamp 2 into it. For home practice it's great.

Comment

I've actually got two of those and used to run the effects loop out of my old Valvestate into the two mini stacks on the other side of my basement for a nice stereo spread. One is now at my cousin's and the other I still have but have been debating about selling since I bought a Mesa.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Marshalls [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
        The other guitar player in the band plays Boogies [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img]
        Just kidding but he has sent 2 of his heads (c+2 and mk3) back to to cali in a year [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] his amps sound good just not as good as my Marshalls [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        Damn I better quit or I will start a war [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

that would make his amps 15 to 20 years old. what's the problem?
          1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

Wow, I would love to get one of those mini stacks. I've never seen them over here though... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

buzzsaww,
              Theres no problem but all he swears by and plays are boogies
              Hes a member here but really never post I was hoping he read this.
              My stage rig I use 3 marshall heads
              1980 jmp 50,1983 jcm 800 50 and a 87 silver jubilee 50/100=21-24 years of age (except the jubilee) never had mine in the shop-so that why I keep telling him to switch to marshalls.Hes my best friend so thats why I try and give him a hard time. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I had one of the older ones from the late 1980's..A white one...Are the new ones better sounding.I don't rememeber mine sounding that good..Cort

Comment

hey that's a micro stack, you're giving my true mini stack a bad name [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    hey that's a micro stack, you're giving my true mini stack a bad name [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                    That's considered a mini stack. The micro stack is the desktop practice amp, the MS-2.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      I had one of the older ones from the late 1980's..A white one...Are the new ones better sounding.I don't rememeber mine sounding that good..Cort

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe the older ones are worth more. I heard the older ones were made in England while the newer ones are made in Japan or Korea. Also, the older ones had the weird colors like red, white and blue, which I've seen go quite high on Ebay. I have an older black Lead 12 head from the 80s which sounds mighty impressive thru a decent-sized cabinent with a 12 in speaker. I didn't like the tone thru the original speaker cabs - sounded too tinny (which had an 8 in or a 10 in celestion speaker).
                      "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

There's actually three versions: The Lead 12, Valvestate from the early '90s, and the one in this thread is the G15MS Lead 15 (I actually just noticed on my amp that it does say 15-watt micro stack, and they are made in Korea.)

Comment

Toejam,
                          10,916 post??? Holy crap man....Yeah I saw a white Mini stack on ebay a while ago.Think it went for $350 or so...Cort

Comment

oh ok, i thought you were just making a mesa sucks statement. i like them both actually, but you'd have to get my mk3 from my cold dead hands. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                            1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

I have been groovin on a Hiwatt mini-stack, just about the same size, that's been at the music store I do repairs for. Sounds pretty good, and it would be an AWESOME bedroom rig.

Comment

Working...
                              X