Played the vetta 2 today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Played the vetta 2 today...

Only got about 10 minutes in. Definitely NOT a plug-and-play amp!!! the store Im going to start teaching at just got one in today. ill be in this week for an extended demo, but I think its gonna be my new amp. Have to sell off some of my other **** first, though.
    Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Re: Played the vetta 2 today...

I was going thru the presets of the first Vetta and felt like a tool trying to tweak that damn thing..

It took me Ten minutes to turn it on... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

That's the one thing about Line 6 gear... Its not "plug and play" you have to sit down, plug in and tweak everything just to get a halfway decent sound.

Comment

Yea it is pretty complicated. It has a volume, drive, bass, mid, high, presence and that pesky reverb knob. Since when does an amp need all those knobs. [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          That's the one thing about Line 6 gear... Its not "plug and play" you have to sit down, plug in and tweak everything just to get a halfway decent sound.

[/ QUOTE ]
          I disagree. I got great sound using just the factory presets. I dialed up an Engl Powerball, added some delay and I was good to go. Even stacking is simple. Just dial up another amp and push a button. It isn't as easy as using a Plexi but when you consider the involved rack mount effects or the drawers full of stomp boxes that most of us use along with the switchinig systems that some of us use with our "bare bones tube amps" the Vetta doesn't seem that complicated anymore.

Comment

The Vetta only really gets complicated when you start dealing with all of its effects routing options, not to mention running dual amp models at once.

I will say, however, as a PODxt owner, that the Vetta's interface seems less intuitive to me than the xt whenever I play around with a Vetta in the store. But it's really no more complicated than most synth or digital recording gear.

Comment

I like Knobs ...

that don't sound to cool huh..

I like knobs.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
              X