Twisteramps Preamp pedal review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twisteramps Preamp pedal review

Ok, Pete made me one of his preamp pedals. Just one knob. It sweeps right to left and has detents in it. Here is my review after playing with it every night for 3 weeks.
    Construction: built like a friggin tank. You could probably run over it with your car and it would hold up.
    Input and output jacks: There is no way a plug could ever pop out of one of these jacks once it is installed.
    Asthetics: It has a cool mushroom cloud graphic on it. nuff said..
    Performance: This preamp pedal is fantastic. Super clean boost when in the effects loop and when it is in front of a tube amp it allows you to get the perfect amount of gain for either chords or solo's. On the 1st detent setting it turns both of my Mesa's into high gain almost Soldano sounding amps. Turn it 1/2 up and you have enough gain to do anything. Instant crystal clear controlled feedback with the ability to control your tone with your guitars volume knob. On a clean channel with the pedal level on the 1/2 to 3/4 detent you can turn a clean channel on a tube amp into the perfect ACDC/vintage British style rock tone. For me it allows me to keep the gain down on my Boogies and find the perfect sweetspot regarding the gain level. If I need extra for a heavier song or a solo I just click on the Twisteramps preamp. I have a vintage DOD 250, a YJM308 and a host of other preamp pedals and the Twisteramps preamp is my favorite. If you have a tube amp that needs a kick in the a$$ (or a different type of gain) you should give Pete a ring and beg him to make one for you! This proves to me that slamming a quality tube amp right in the preamp tubes with a good preamp is what separates good sound from GREAT sound. Thanks Pete
    [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Re: Twisteramps Preamp pedal review

and the price is.....

Comment

You gotta talk to Pete.

Comment

Thanks for the kind words man! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] The coolest thing about building gear is knowing it's being used to make music. Sorry it took so long to get it to ya.

Pete

Comment

You should market the pedal. I will post some clips over the weekend of it with my Mesa Nomad. Players will buy it. I bet it would work great with a JCM800.

Comment

cool, can't wait to hear some clips! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I was at Electric Sullyland few weekends ago, and we plugged in one I built him into his JCM800 combo. It helped give it a gain injection [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Pete

Comment

Working...
            X