Splawn 1987x

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Splawn 1987x

Got one today. Holy ****! My ears are ringing man! Awesome head. Check one out if you can. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Re: Splawn 1987x

Any MP3s?
    I have listened to some MP3s of the head already but I want to listen more!
    [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

How does it compare to the pro mod?

Comment

well Ive only had it a few hours, but it seems way cool. No, I dont have a method to record. Not sure how accurate it would be anyway as this was a special order. I have a 3 button footswitch and Hi/Low, OD1/OD2. I talked to Scott today and he has only done 2 of the 50W'ers with this config. It is for more gain than his regular mod. Also, I am playing thru a UberKab. YMMV. Dont know about the Pro Mod. This is the only Splawn Ive played or heard. I read alot about them and everyone seemed quite happy so I swung a trade deal with some other gear I wasnt using. Told myself, everyone needs a Marshall. And I was right!!!

john

Comment

great score!
          scott splawn does killer work!
          i want a pro-mod.
          wanna buy me one? hehhehheh.
          Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

I will no doubt be the only dissenting opinion here, but I've read so much gushing about the Splawn heads, I was real stoked to try one at Ampfest last weekend.

I was completely not impressed. It was a new 100 watt with KT88s and the transformer upgrade. All front end, buzzy, thin...ick. We wheeled it into a seperate room so I could tirn it up, and it got better when able to breath, but it never got thich and creamy, never lost the thin buzz.

YMMV

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              I will no doubt be the only dissenting opinion here, but I've read so much gushing about the Splawn heads, I was real stoked to try one at Ampfest last weekend.

I was completely not impressed. It was a new 100 watt with KT88s and the transformer upgrade. All front end, buzzy, thin...ick. We wheeled it into a seperate room so I could tirn it up, and it got better when able to breath, but it never got thich and creamy, never lost the thin buzz.

YMMV

[/ QUOTE ]

hey Chuck, I'd like to hear what they had there and what you thought sounded the best if you can..
              shawnlutz.com

Comment

Not a lot there. The Splawn Marshall, a TSL, two of JerryPs modded 5150s which sounded damn good, and Trace from Voodoo Amps brought two of his new heads, the Hex and the Witchdoctor.
                They Witchdoctor smoked. That was one killer amp!

Comment

thats not really an ampfest then is it, more like an amp party [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Interesting look

http://voodooamps.com/images/witchdoctorfront.jpg
                  shawnlutz.com

Comment

Working...
                  X