DIY effects...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIY effects...

Has anyone here built their own effects boxes using parts from websites like small bear electronics? I have basic soldering skills and a grasp of how electronics work so I was thinking of maybe getting myself into another project. I would like to build simple effects, OD/distortion, octave, etc. I had the "electronic projects for musicians" book a few years ago, but it was stolen. Any guidance or tips?

Re: DIY effects...

God that really sounds awsome. I'd love to figure that out. I bet twisteramps (pete) could give us some good advice.

Comment

http://www.geofex.com/

Haven't made any of them, but I've read most of the site... [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

Keith

EDIT: Hummm... seems to be a lot of dead links these days. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
      The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

yeah, I was on that site and hardly anything worked....I am so impatient.

Comment

I used to have a link to a site that showed step by step how to build a footswitch. I need to build a 2 button FS fro my Marshall (Clean/dirty abd reverb on/off). Anybody have that link, or have easy plans for a FS?
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Yeah, I vote for the footswitch, too!

Comment

Working...
            X