Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tone Generator Help

Hey guys
    just wondering if anyone could suggest a new midi tone generator and controller to try. I have been using my Alesis QS6 and want to get away from all in one and try a rack brain and full size and weighted controller. I am mostly interested in 64 to 128 polophony and excellent piano and orchestrial sounds. Any suggestions would be great.
    Thanks
    "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Re: Tone Generator Help

I know this is a guitar board but come on someone has to have some suggestions. Does anyone use the Yamaha Motif Rack unit?
    "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

Re: Tone Generator Help

Hi. Right now I'm using a Yamaha TG100 tone generator, a Peavey DPM3SE+ workstation and a SB Audigy 2.

I've had a lot of different synths and modules over the years. Basically, Yamaha has the best sounding acoustic sounds (piano, strings, winds, brass, real drums, etc) but the rest of the sounds are nothing amazing.

Right now I'm pretty happy with the Audigy and all the SoundFonts that are available.

Any fairly modern device with a good chunk of sample ROM is going to sound good.

Comment

Working...
      X