Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

modded blue voodoo or stock 5150/5150ii???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• modded blue voodoo or stock 5150/5150ii???

I have this crate blue voodoo bv120 h that i got realy cheap 500$ for the head and bv 4-12 cab. it sounds ok right now, not great not totaly crappy. i was just wondering if it's worth it to have it modded or should i buy a 5150 or 5150ii? i was checking out the sound clipps on the voodoo amps site and the modded blue voodoo sounds pretty good i havent had a chance to try a stock 5150 or 5150ii yet. so im wondering what would be better for me. i want massive death metal grind, ripping shredding lead and a decent clean.
    subscribe to my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/deathmetal44
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1P-TymW-84g
    www.soundclick.com/gothmetalshredder

Re: modded blue voodoo or stock 5150/5150ii???

how do they mod the BV120? I would assume it's not more gain, because mine has more than enough gain for massive death metal grind.
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

5150 would be my choice [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I'dunno about Crate's newer stuff but I had a friend who had a late 90's Crate fullstack and I couldn't get that thing to sound like anything other than ass no matter what I tried to do. From that experience I cringe everytime here Crate and amps used in the same sentence [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
      shawnlutz.com

Comment

No doubt, the 5150 or 5150II...

Comment

A absolute NO BRAINER...

Crates BV...yuk.. [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img]
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

5150 sounds cool to me.

Comment

What is the difference between the 5150 and 5150 2? Jack.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                What is the difference between the 5150 and 5150 2? Jack.

[/ QUOTE ]

Check my site for the differences between the 5150's. FJA Mods
                Jerry
                FJA Mods YouTube

Comment

I like my Crate. But thats just me...I'm not sure how you would make a Blue Voodoo any better....

Comment

yep 5150 ......I love mine...Cort

Comment

I played a Blue Voodoo half stack in Guitar center not too long ago...you don't need any mods ..

you need a BBE IMO...even the harsher new ones improved that amp BIG TIME...A customer had that amp at home apparenty and was checking out the unit..I was playing around with it with him....it really helped that amp.

Not all amps accept them ...My uber hates it.

see if you can barrow a BBE and throw that in the loop...you should immediately hear what I'm talking about ..

The 5150 really loves BBEs too ...the good ones to get is the 422a..

I think 5150s sound much warmer and thicker than the BVs in general ...they seem have real bright fuzzy sizzle to me..even with the highs down..

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

cool thanx alot guys you all rule [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]. horns dude im gonna try a bbe [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] what about gettin it set up with el34's instead of the 6l6's that are in it right now? would that make it sound any more death metaly?
                        subscribe to my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/deathmetal44
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1P-TymW-84g
                        www.soundclick.com/gothmetalshredder

Comment

NOOOOOOO stick to the 6l6s ...much better tighter low end

That amps has enough upper mids and presence..you don't need any more...plus you'll lose some of the chunky low end you do have [img]/images/graemlins/nono.gif[/img]

Try the BBE.. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

How the hell did Marty get a good tone out of Crates, every one I have tried sounds like what we all should be licking (veiled reference to my favorite thread).
                            I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Get it modded and rebiased for EL84s. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X