Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

modded blue voodoo or stock 5150/5150ii???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: modded blue voodoo or stock 5150/5150ii???

I never played any El84s ..what's the vibe??

I love Marty Friedman ...don't get me wrong but I was never a big fan of his tone to be honest ..always sounded thin and fuzzy..IMO

But when you can play as great as he can I'm sure he can do well with just about anything....it's his hands.

I heard a lot of other popular amps that sound much worse than a Crate BV when I tried them ...like the Carvin Vai or a DSL or that Mode 4 . I couldn't get anything worth a damn out of them but I heard other people use them and they got by just fine ...Vai sounds great with his ...I couldn't dial up a worthy tone with it to save my life ..

hey whatever works for you that's what counts ..

I love my Marshall 9200 / JMP-1 setup..some people don't like it ..but they do like what I sound like with it , so there you go..it works for me.
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

/me feels dumb

Sorry, but what is a BBE?

Comment

The BBE Sonic Maximizer is a device that enhances the bass and treble of your amp. There are a number of models but the 422A is considered the best for guitar amps. t is made by Barcus-Berry Electronics, famous for acoustic guitar transducers and preamps from back in the 60s. You run it in your effects loop, using the controls sparingly for best effect. People have described it as "taking a blanket off of my amp". It's said to work best with mass-production amps like the BV and the 5150, but with higher-end gear it's not needed and actually hurts the tone of a really top-end rig.

John Clevelandmetal or Bill can explain it better than this.
        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Get it modded and rebiased for EL84s. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

THD Yellow Jackets...plug and play as they are self biasing, remove your tubes, put in the Yellow Jackets and EL84's in and your done [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
          shawnlutz.com

Comment

Working...
          X