Recommend me a 2x12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommend me a 2x12

I'm aiming to get a 2x12 to go with an Engl Powerball cause my Mesa 4x12 is too damn heavy and big to haul around to practices. Anyway, I've narrowed it down to either a Genz Benz or a Mesa 2x12 Recto, but suggestions are always welcome.

Re: Recommend me a 2x12

I imagine the 2 you mentioned are very good or maybe an Avatar for the price or if you play heavey Rythym stuff, the Madison Divinity 2x12 would be killer, I have the 4x12 and it rocks!! Jack.

Comment

I've been very happy with my trusty Peavey 212M, with Sheffields in it. Was the matching cab for the 5150 2x12 combo from what I understand. Not sure if that's true, but the dimensions are in line with that. However, having recently recorded through a Genz Benz 2x12, I'd have to say that I was impressed, so I'm sure it'd be a fine choice for you.
      sigpic

Comment

I like Mesa Rect 2x12.

Comment

why not try an engl cab?
          I once owned an ENGL vintage 4x12 and was amazed by the sound and building quality, this thing was simply awesome.
          really thick wood, and a great ballsy sound, not even similar to the marshall cab standing next to it (way better IMO).
          I think their 2x12s should have same quality, get yourself such a vintage loaded if you can and it should be perfect match with your powerball.

and they simply look awesome with their huge metal grill IMO. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
          really mean and heavy...
          tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

The vertical Mesa 2x12's are really good cabs that sound great, they will give most 4x12's a run for their money plus sound great at low volumes.

Comment

another mesa vertical recto 2x12 user here - F-in love it!
              Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Go with the Mesa 2x12 they rule.I had one before I went with their 4x12.I like them with the vintage 30s.

Comment

Haven't heard a Genz Penz but my friend that owns dozen of amps said he is blown away them in the Genz Benz-Definately worth checking-

Comment

Alot of people swear by the Bogner 2x12's. I have one their 4x12's and it is awesome!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X