Johnson Millenium modeler?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Johnson Millenium modeler?

I just spent the weekend with a couple of guys that had a Flextone II and a Johnson Millenium Halfstack. I was thinking the Flextone should have killed, but the Johnson on the Rectifier Solo model was beautiful. I thought johnson was just cheap chinese crap, but I'm thinking of dumping high maintenance marshall amps for one of these. Any opinions? Are the clean and british settings any good?
    When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Re: Johnson Millenium modeler?

they are being disolved http://www.johnson-amp.com/exit.htm really sucks because I have a J-Station and thought it had a lot of potential.

if you really want a modler get a Vetta but I'm a tube kinda guy [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    shawnlutz.com

Comment

I have a mellenium stereo 150 and it rocks the house so many variations to choose from. 120+ factory pre sets cab emulations a very very top notch amp.Rectifier solo is a great setting as is greasy solo.The matchless setting are very nice too.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

So what about all the pawnshops carrying cheap johnson solid state amps, acoustics, les paul knockoffs and stuff? This Johnson that made the millenium and j-station stuff was some kind of spinoff of digitech engineers or something, but the johnson stuff at pawnshops seems totally different and cheap.
        Vetta is awesome, I just was expecting the johnson to be a real POS. I was dead wrong.
        When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

I have a Johnson Millenium 250 with Johnson Bottom and its great. Both tube and SS. Analog and digital effects. The most versatile recording amp I've tried. Excellent quality and awesome tone. Its really too bad Johnson went down and Digitech couldn't save it. I've tried all the modelers and it by far surpassed the field. They're quite the bargain now when you can find them. Just try it you wont be disappointed!
          "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

Oh yeah back to your original question. The cleans sparkle and the British Amps are right on. The '65 Black Face, my personal favorite with the dual rec, is dead nuts. You just really need to play with one for a day.
            "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

I think the millenium 150 is an awesome amp for top 40 gigging. Great sounds if you have the matching pedal board. Would I have this amp instead of a 3 channel tube amp. Yes if I made money playing others music on weekends. For an original metal band no. Bedroom sure

Deals can be had on these-Still live I feel they are kind of flatin the mix.

Comment

If you think the Johnson is good you really should try a Vetta 2 halfstack. Holy crap bro..

Comment

Working...
                X