No announcement yet.

How much should my 5150 2x12 sell for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How much should my 5150 2x12 sell for?

[ QUOTE ]
    I got a question about the claasifieds, can a junior member buy from the there or is that prohibited too? I have seen some deals on there but I'm afraid to respond because of posts like this, plus I enjoy reading the forums and don't want to be banned.

[/ QUOTE ]
    I think you can buy but not posting your post in the classifieds section.
    If you see a great deal, just send private mail to the seller instead of posting there.

Comment

alright thanks, if anybody else knows otherwise please let me know so i don't get the crap beat out of me.

Comment

Dinkyjacksonman is correct. If you try to post in the Classifieds, I believe it's locked for newbies so you won't be able to post at all anyway. If you want to buy something, send someone a PM or email.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Anyways, welcome aboard jablo, don't be offended, I got the same run-around when I posed a question about the classifieds when I was new. But, think about it, would you want to buy something from someone that you didn't know? Stick around, get to know everyone, this is a good place. There is a wealth of knowledge here.
          I still keep practicing though.... Mostly because I hate my neighbors.-MakeAJazzNoiseHere

Comment

I think the guy just made a mistake. Just because he has beavis and buthead on the avatar doesn't mean he's a jerk (yet). So forgive this guy. I didn't know about this rule either.

Comment

My experince from talking to an Admin about this very subject of a Jr. member buying from the classfieds but not posting there was this: Yeah it can be done but may be frowned upon by the forum. & leaving feedback for a Jr. member isn't a grand idea either.
              According To The Prophecy

Comment

OK, to answer the original question: Probably between $350-550. Looking at eBay (which *is* the blue book for used gear now) there are a couple of combos selling for $350-450 and one at $500.

Here's a quick search in e-Bay which will answer your question: http://search.ebay.com/5150_Amplifie...ertyZ3QQsotrZ2

My experience with used gear is that unless it's boutique or some how one of a kind (which your amp definately is not) you will be luck to get about half of the new price out of it - even if it is only a month old.

Good luck.
                ...that the play is the tragedy, "Man"

Comment

I'm down with the rules, they're o.k. and they're in place for a reason but I think the "Junior Member" "Member" status is a bit overhyped. How can you really "know" somebody on a board? By the number of posts they have? Post #'s can be brought up by simply post whoring. No matter how many posts you have it's still possible to get rippped off. I personally wouldn't buy anything from anybody on a forum. Then again I don't use paypal and I'm not familiar with it either. I would never send cash or check to someone made out to a name and send to an address that was given to my through a PM. Not dissing others that do, but I just wouldn't. I've done it before, but for a small purchases and this seller was recommended by many and also had a strong rating on ebay. Luckily, my purchase went flawless. When your talking amps, guitars, and other high dollar items I just wouldn't feel comfortable. Their was a guy not too long ago that paid for a 5150 on the HC forum and never got it. Last I heard.

Sorry for the confusion again and thanks for the welcome again. My first post was a "Hello everyone I'm new here...." type deal. I did read the forum rules. Just not aware my first post was breaking any of them.

BTW, The B&B avatar is there simply because they're are headbanging. I am a metal head, (I assume most people here are) I do not condone lighting things on fire, abusing animals and talking about getting laid all the time. I'm 26 yrs. old, married and been slinging a Jackson for about 7 yrs. and just purchased my second.
                  Check my Jackson themed Myspace page, hear some good metal, and check out a little shred fest by me.

http://www.myspace.com/joblo1978

Comment

Working...
                  X