Need info on Celestion G12H-30 speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need info on Celestion G12H-30 speakers

I'm thinkin' about getting a 2x12 cabinet to put under my combo and there's one on "The Bay" that has had the original Celestion G12T75s replaced with these. Any info will be greatly appreciated. [img]/images/graemlins/help.gif[/img]

Here's the link: Marshall 1936
    My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Re: Need info on Celestion G12H-30 speakers

Damn, i can't find it again. I think i was at the Marshallamps.com site once, where i found a page with guitar sound samples of all or most of the Celestion speakers. Also it was written in words what their sound characteristics was like. Maybe it wasn't the Marshall site after all.... I just searched it and came out empty.

Anyone?
    Henrik
    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Found this on Celestion's website. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] http://professional.celestion.com/pr...etail.asp?ID=7
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Thanks Toejam! That link was helpful. Based on the specs of all Celestion models, sounds as if it has a warmer tone, made for rockin, but not really for massive amounts of distortion. However, while searching the JCF, it turns out there are a lot of members who now have, or have had in the past, cabs that had the G12H30s in them. So I'm kinda doubting that statement I made about the distortion.
        My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

You're welcome.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I just got an Avatar 2X12 cab with one of these on the left and a Vintage 30 on the right. The cab is wired stereo so I A/B'd them and though they both sounded great. The G12H30 has a bit more low bass response than the Vintage 30 does. They both sound great with distortion tones in the open back config of my cab.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

how does the avatar sound?
              i was thinking about picking one up...

Comment

data187: the Avatar sounds really good--the only cab I like better is a Mesa 3/4 back cab ($550 new vs. $275 new). Highly recommended!
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

Working...
                X