best SPEAKERS for a JCM 800?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: best SPEAKERS for a JCM 800?

I wish that I could check out something with some Eminence speakers in it. The ony thing I ever had was an old fender combo that had them in it.

I'me certainly game for a change in that area.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      BTW ...now whenever I see a V30 speaker I'm gonna stab it with a butter knife... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] yeah i feel that the V30's are best suited for the plexi's
      or the bluesbreaker combo.
      for the metal stuff they dont cut it, too flabby,not tight enough for crushin metal stuff

Comment

"yeah i feel that the V30's are best suited for the plexi's
        or the bluesbreaker combo.
        for the metal stuff they dont cut it, too flabby,not tight enough for crushin metal stuff "

you da man!!! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I'll tell yas, I was playing my rig through a traditional recto V30 cab, and was sorta likin it! It was void of that brittle high end that haunts me with my 75 watters... But, yes, a little spongey on the low end. I've got so much attack with my stuff that it wasn't exactly upleasant though.

Comment

ehhhhhhh...get the 90's John ...less edge than 75s and the low end of Godzilla's fart...

I like the 75s wayyyyyyyyyy better that V30s for metal...

turn it up and stand back and really listen to it compared to your Ampeg cab..

dude all the "harmonics" are in that "hish" you hear ...you kill the hish ..you'll kill the life in the tone....a double edged sword kinda thing i guess.

the 80s or 90s would be the ticket if you think the 75s are too edgy...that hish is in the upper most frequencies ...probably between the 8K to 16k range..possibly higher..
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
            X