SLO 100 effects loop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SLO 100 effects loop

I'm late on this thread, but what the heck. Has anyone tried running the effects processor in a loop switcher (ala, Bradshaw, Axess GRX4, DMC GCX, etc.) and kicking the whole deal in/out of the loop when switching. That's the only way I can see the loop not sucking big time. It still won't solve the spill-over problem when channel switching with reverb or delay, however. I think the DI plus a good clean power amp (solid state should be fine) is the only way to run an effects processor with the SLO. Personally, I just shelved the effects when I got the SLO. (The other deal sounds great, I'm sure, but who wants to haul all that stuff around.) I run it through my old Marshall cab (w/ the 65's - hey, Chuck!) with a wah out front and my old Pearl analog chorus, if I remember it, and call it good.

My SLO is completely stock. The one mod that's tempted me is adding the switch that completely removes the loop circuitry. (I'll confess that I'd like to hear the depth mod, but I can't believe I'd find any "real world" use for it.)

Comment

Here they go my two cents (I'm a SLO clonner): The problem in the SLO FX Loop seems to be a level mismatch: too much send, little return, so u need first: quality processor (more than 20 bytes for dinamic response) and adjustable input and output, to compensate the missmatch.
      This one is for you lucky bastards who own a GT6, a friend of mine (another SLO clonner) uses what is called "The 4 Cable Method", Find out the connections at the GT6 Users site.
      The concept is to split the SLO in Two, using the GT6 loop and the SLO loop, turning off the distortions at the GT custom patches (which enables the pedalboard loop). I don't own a GT6 myself, but my friend (semi pro musician) is as happy as a dog with 2 di**s!!!

Comment

My t-100 is a similar design as the SLO. I had the same problem with the fx loop. I boosted the output on my g-major and kazzaaammm! Problem solved. You could use a flat eq boost with a stomp box too which is basically the same as firbird's comment withthe 1/2 rack eq.

Comment

Working...
        X